Hi guys NEW stacker here

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by BullionBalls, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Lightsview

Lightsview Member

Welcome mate!

2. Thanhtrung41

Thanhtrung41 New Member

Wow, 15, that's amazing! Welcome and have fun stacking ! : )

3. Reggie Perrin

Reggie Perrin New Member

I wish I was this clued up when I was 15... I wish I was this clued up at my current age :) ... welcome to the Forum

4. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just start buying!
    The rest will sort itself out.
    REDBACK

5. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

Hey fella, welcome to one of the best online communities for investing around!

One of the best pieces of advice I can give you is - get to know everyone. Locally in your network, if your in a state capital here in Australia, take some time to go and check out a few dealers, coin shops etc and research your prices. Most people here will give you the lowdown on the 'market rate' for certain coins are.

A great tool to use is the coin calculators at the top of the navigation bar. If you click 'calculators' then go to 'world gold coin prices' this will tell you the current market values for world coins... by which I mean Sovereigns, Austrian Ducats (stunning coins, save and buy one, they are addictive!), French 20 Franc coins and many more.

By looking at this, and then comparing it with dealers, especially some of our site sponsors here (Aurora et Luna is a VERY good example) you can see a trend of how much over melt value people sell coins for.

Another godsend for me has been W.Davis' live price list, its really handy to find out the buy or selling prices of different coins - for example Sovereigns again, round 50c coins, or pre-decimal coins (eg. shillings and sixpences) and other junk silver.

Again, I don't know where you are based, but if you are near a state capital - chances are we have a SilverStackers meet there. Check out the Meetings and Events section. I can't think of any stacker here on the forum that wouldn't want to help someone get started at 15 years old.

Feel free to fire me a PM any time if you need some help, or if you've got a question - I'd love to help in any way I can!

Congratulations on making the best decision you could make for your financial future - at 15, I was too busy going to the park and getting drunk, listening to horrible music and playing Warhammer 40k. Every one of which drained all my money, if I could go back I'd have stacked it!!!! :D

Cheers,

Lee/RD

6. hyphenated

hyphenated Active Member

I don't think that anyone has mentioned this, but letting friends and family know that you are collecting silver (and detailing what) gives them easy opportunities for birthday, Christmas et cetera in all price ranges. I doubt that you would announce an interest in 1 kg bars to Uncle Fred, but old coinage with a silver content is exactly the sort of thing they might have lying around waiting for a good home.

It's a fine line between making life easier at gift giving time and shaking them down, of course :)

7. honey stacker

honey stacker New Member Silver Stacker

8. Aust-Tech

Aust-Tech New Member

Welcome to the SS Forum. Enjoy the ride and congrats on your first coin purchase.