Help to identify coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Jim4silver, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

Recently I purchased a large collection of foreign silver from one of my out of state dealer contacts. I have been going through it and there is one coin/medal I cannot identify, and was hoping someone here could give some input. I'm guessing it is a silver medal and not actual coin. For all I know it might not even be silver since not marked and almost no info online, but does "appear" to be silver.

I found one site online where one of these was sold, and have attached the link. I think it comes from Norway but can't find anything about it.

PS This collection had some cool Ukrainian silver coins from the late 90's and some other places I do not normally see (Lithuania, Belarus, Finland, Poland, and Russia) and some I've never even heard of (Tristan da cunha, Sao tome and principe). Glad I get to learn some geography via my coin addiction.

Thanks for any assistance.

http://www.qxl.no/pris/mynter-sedle...levende-naatid-kongsberg-soelv/v/an823408134/

2. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

3. Bromista

Bromista New Member

Yes there are offers from time to time that are at a good price and are not translated to English