help needed "I just got scammed on purchases of gift card on ebay"

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by Rydestacker, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Rydestacker

Rydestacker Member

You can delete the thread mod if it was inappropriate in this section

Hi guys,
    I want to share my experience and your help/comments/opinion/advise is needed

I bought thegoodguys gift card valued $271 for $225 on ebay.Description clearly states the amount was $271
    Today I received the gift card tried to check the amount left on the gift card and it was only $25 left.
    Immediately contact the seller and she assure me the balance was correct $271 unused. :rolleyes:
    She have not responded since then, I have ask for a refund regarding these issues and she seems unwilling to make the refund.
    Please advise me some possible ways to get my money back?
    Reported these issue with ebay and paypal.
    Ebay and paypal responded "As the gift card is not covered by eBay and PayPal buyer protection, Im afraid that we are not able to open a dispute for this transaction."
    LESSON LEARNT NEVER BUY GIFT CARD ON EBAY. BEWARE OF GIFT CARD PURCHASES IS NOT COVERED FOR BUYER PROTECTION
    I have got an opinion from ebay forum to report her to the police.Other than that any other advise and help me recover these lost?

2. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Was there any sender details on the envelope she used?

3. ytrader

ytrader Member

If u can get a statement from The good guys on when and where the card was used, u can probably take the seller to small claims court. I thin the court is more like an arbitration rather than something that's enforced by law...

4. Rydestacker

Rydestacker Member

Yes there is!
    But I have thrown the envelope away to my apartment bin, tried to check it but it was alraedy cleaned!
    All I have now is Her full name, fake contact number , suburb she's living Melton Victoria and her email.

5. Andy28

Andy28 Well-Known Member

Definitely inform her that you will be turning the matter over to police, along with all the details you have on her. Maybe that will get her to change her mind.

6. Andy28

Andy28 Well-Known Member

How did you go with this mate, any news?

7. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

go to yr bank and get the transaction reversed...i just went to my bank and for my surprise they have a brand new system to handle all these issues and u dont have to pay for it anymore(it was $30 before per claim)...seems like more and more of this happening so banks are trying and willing to protect their customers...