Help dealing with a transaction (Update)

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by hem9, Nov 2, 2012.

1. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

Update

(Pls look at thread with the same name as original thread)

I would like to use this thread to show the context of a possible negative I might receive. (I know I lost my temper for a bit) If people do not want to deal with me because of it (losing my temper), I understand.
    "I offered to half the cost."

buyer: i dont have a paypal account as i said before.

hem9: I am doing my best to help you, the best I can come up with is to substitute one xx for a xx (basically from xx-xx ). Does that satisfy you?

buyer: tat is so not fair. u received short only xx. why take my xx?

hem9: Pls read the pm, xx (xx), I change it for xx (xx) = less xx for fee.

buyer: sry, miss out the xx word. ok, i agree.

buyer: smile and do u you declare them as? value?

hem9: Tell me exactly what amount you want me to write and what description and I will do that for you.

buyer: declare them as medallion, value should be xx. but make sure u packed them as tough as possible. And the brand of xx? smile

hem9: Ok. If. Can't find a xx I will send a xx (xx) but don't expect a capsule as all my xx are from tubes.

buyer: thanks!! xx is better than a xx.

Few Hours Later

buyer: Mate, im 2nd thoughts. U received my payment within 24 hours after we deal, tats super fast payment, cnt u waive tat little $10 and post the 10 snake to me? I bet my payment is faster than some of the local seller that buzz yr bars yesterday.

hem9: Mate You are testing my patience. i am not entitled to help you i could have charged you the whole amount and not ry to find a solution for you as i am.clearly in the right. If you dont like my offer i will refund your money.

buyer: U dnt have to shw how rude are u when in talking nicely

hem9: Thats it. i will refund your money less relevant fees then leave appropriate feedback.

buyer: No thanks! It will be too hassle. I nvr sell to oversea, i have no idea wht the details u want. Just post the stuffs out

hem9: Fine i will post your item. i will not post any details of you and i will not leave feedback.

buyer: So do i . No more deal in future

2. hem9

I know its not an excuse but I have been a lot of personal issues as well as a lot of trades so I guess my temper got the better of me.

3. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

just send me a pm ,will ya?

4. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hem you are missing the most important point in this entire transaction!!!
    Its Friday nigh and its "SCOTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!" night buddy.Put one on ice and forget about it
    Ps fck the Negative if it comes :lol:

REDBACK

5. hem9

Will do mate :lol:

6. Argentum

Argentum Well-Known Member

I would refund i wouldnt sell if he/she is being rude

7. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Take it easy Hem9. :)

You resolved the issue to a mutually agreeable outcome and that is the most important thing here.

We can all learn from your experience regarding (unexpected) fees or charges.

It's not just buyer beware, it's everyone beware.

8. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That means Banks 2, Stackers 0.

More friggen fees by reversing the sale, which is the cause of the issue.

9. Argentum

Argentum Well-Known Member

i guess its still better than hem9 -2, Bankers +1, other stacker +1

10. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

I could not have kept a level head in that situation - I would've refunded them and left a negative with 'timewaster' on it.

But thats me, and your integrity as a trader speak volumes - everyone knows who you are and how straight you roll your dice.

Leave this idiot to it. I'd personally refund them but if you want to send regardless, thats more than a fair call.

RD

11. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

I have dealt with hem more than once, couldn't get a better person to do business with. One of SS most respected

members.

I also have dealt with overseas buyers and in a few cases it has been thought I should discount my product as well as

pay fees. Knowing who and where the member is from to begin with, gives me the choice of dealing with any costs that

are incurred with the sale.

There should be no further cost to hem from the moment he thought he was dealing with a member in Australia, not

overseas. If hem gets negative feedback for this the overseas member, he needs to be publicly outed so other members

are aware and can have the choice of dealing or not with the person in question.

12. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

13. MYdragon

MYdragon New Member

i clarified that im an oversea when he quoted me shipping. the thing here is we both dont know that there is $10 bank fee occured. i dont see any problem here when i wired the exact amount he quoted to me.

14. MYdragon

MYdragon New Member

and recently i dealt with a usa seller, he quoted me the shipping at $16 with transaction only 7xx. but when he packagin found out the flat rate box cant fit my item in, in the end he posted my item using $60 postage. i offered a split postage, but he refused as it is not my fault. Tats the kind of seller i will deal in future =)

In hem case , with over $1400 transaction, lost only $10 (0.6-0.7% of transaction), have to publish all our private message out. i doubt why u all call it ' private'

15. ShadowPeo

ShadowPeo Member Silver Stacker

Because he did not identify the item, nor the other party, hence still private, had you not piped up no-one would have been the wiser

16. unfunkable

unfunkable Active Member

yep..dug your own grave
    btw change your location mate, its deceiving!

17. Dabloodymess

Dabloodymess Active Member

Agreed on the changing of location.

No need to be specific if you dont want to, I am sure 'international' would suffice.

18. MYdragon

MYdragon New Member

google WA, it could be washington, japan. it doesnt mean i have to be australian with the signature WA dude.

19. Dabloodymess

Dabloodymess Active Member

You need to be cognisant of the fact that you are on a site where the majority of the members are from Australia. Having a location of WA on here will make 99% of people conclude that you are from Western Australia.

To me it is just common courtesy to offer some basic information that lets people decide if they want to deal with you or not.

20. revlisify

revlisify Member Silver Stacker

Dear MYdragon,

I am going to stick my neck out on this one. My opinions are mine and mine alone and does not reflect any others, nor the owners of forum.

First of all, the folks around here are pretty close knitted, meaning we trade regularly with the same people, gaining rapport and trust each time. I am not sure how important this "community-building" exercise is to you, but I would say it is imperative stackers start one as soon as they can. This is especially useful when the time comes to sell.

A lot of us had traded with Hem9 and I personally find him sincere and just. Don't mind us if we stand by him for now, because trust and faith in him was built over time. I can assure you that if you allow us to know you better, we would have done the same for you. Trust me, I sincerely do.

If you reflect on the incident, it's no longer tied to the discrepancy of $10, but more of the attitude you posed during the transaction. I have to mention IMHO you did not display the desire to establish long term relationship within this community. I respect your decision, but don't expect others to reciprocate when they are buying from you in the future.

Again, I reiterate that I hope this ends up amicable. Because when the time comes, we will find that we need each other more than what we realise now.

Revlisify