Help a jube out!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by Lexiee94, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Lexiee94

Lexiee94 New Member

Hi everyone,
    I work in Brisbane but live and often travel home to Perth. I've just heard about billions and investing in gold/ silver and it has peaked my interest. I've quickly scanned through some threads but can someone please dumb it alll down so I can get my head around it.
    Some questions I have that would love to be answered.
    Im looking to invest in a metal within the next year.. looking at the market now, would
    You recommend investing in gold or silver?
    What is the best way about going and getting said products?
    Sorry if this thread is in the wrong sub forum, I'd love to hear all of your knowledgeable insights

2. Silver Soul

Silver Soul Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. neonuke

neonuke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Welcome, I think you mean Bullion instead of billions, just don't go into a dealer and ask for gold billions or something like that. Unless that was a typo then you already know what you're talking about :lol:

There are lots of people here who will give you their advice and opinion. Do your research, and decide for yourself what you want to achieve in terms of stacking. Do you want to make money, save and preserve wealth, prep for SHTF, etc. there is a very diverse range of motives and reasons for people to buy gold and silver.

If you're after some cheap bullion to begin with, start with silver, it's cheaper per oz than gold obviously, and if you start small and perhaps lose interest (not saying you will, but who knows) you haven't invested too much.

There may be coins with designs that you like, so you end up collecting a few just because, to scratch your collecting itch, or if you just want silver, like the "silver is silver" crowd, just buy the cheapest silver in any form you can find.

Otherwise, you might like to make money, in which case you could buy and sell your coins and bars, flipping them for profit.

Then when you've run out of space to store all your silver, you might start considering gold, which is much more compact and holds more value in a smaller space. It will be a bigger upfront outlay of cash to acquire gold due to the higher gold price per oz.

The possibilities are near endless how you want to buy/sell/trade/collect/accumulate gold/silver

If you like coins, I'd suggest you start with round 1966 50c coins. They are well recognised, quite liquid, still easy to obtain, are mostly in very good condition because they had saw not much circulation as currency. You may even find one in your change if you're lucky.

You can find lots of stuff for sale in this forum all the time. Buy from respected members, or find a local dealer in Brisbane or Perth

4. Killface

Killface Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^+1

There's no shortage of opinions here... but only you will do it your way!

Welcome :)

5. Boyscout

Boyscout Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Welcome