Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by peter2100, Mar 10, 2011.

1. peter2100

peter2100 New Member

Hello there. I'm new to silver. I only have one ounce of silver but I'm about to make a 1kg purchase very soon. :D

I'm 21, from Adelaide, and I'm interested in the world, society, economics, and investing. I want to invest and save a large portion of my income when I work full time. Mostly, figuring out how the world runs is like a fun puzzle for me. I only recently got interested in the humanities. My original interest was in science and how the universe worked but a few years ago my attention was drawn into how people work and how the world around me runs. :cool:

I don't have much to invest now but if silver goes to $1000 an ounce any purchase made now will be phenomenal.

In any case, I enjoy the look of the metal and it certainly won't go to $0.

2. Aurora et luna

Aurora et luna Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Welcome Peter2100

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Welcome aboard Peter2100.

You're definitely on the right track and it's going to definitely be a real eye opener to learn fact from fiction.

Waking up to the reality of the world is both invigorating and a sobering experience for many. But beyond the veil lies truth and that will definitely set you free.

1 ounce of silver in the pocket is an ounce more than over 99% over the population. You need to remember that as demand keeps rising and supply keeps dwindling. That's your ounce of silver and no one can take it away now you have it.

Nice feeling, isn't it?

In the right place at the right time, that would be have been quite a lot of buying power in your pocket for someone your age.

And in parts of the world today, where people work on average for $2 a day, that's quite a lot of bang for your buck.

You're off to a good start. The journey for you has only just begun.

Good luck!

4. smithy35

smithy35 New Member

Hi, I have just joined this excellent forum and want to say hello. I havent done any posting before so hope this ends up in the right section. I invested in silver in June 2010 and it has done very well since then and now want to buy more. I have been browsing the CPM website and have subscribed to the weekly newsletter. Has anyone read or purchased the CPM 10 yr Long Term Outlook at the ""bargain" price of us$7750? ts out of my price range so just wondering if it was worth the money. Would be interested in going shares with a group to purchase it. I live a couple of hours from Melbourne. Thanks

5. Stedlar

Stedlar Active Member

Welcome peter2100 and welcome smithy35

peter2100,

Everyone starts somewhere. 1kg sounds like a good start.

Smithy35,

I personally would have serious reservations about spending that much money on an "experts" opinion, especially given how many trillions of dollars that have been pissed up against the wall by "experts" in the last few years.

There are lot of sites where you can get good information, you just need to take the time to sift through it and come to your own conclusion. I think money spent on PM's would be better spent atm.

6. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

Gotta agree with Stedlar. Unless you're going to invest a LOT of money in something it's usually not worth spending that much money on advice. If you buy, say, $15k worth of silver then based on that kind of outlay you would need a 50% rise in value of your investment just to break even! That's assuming the advice is even worth something...

7. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

Welcome Peter 2100.

8. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

hey pete & smithy

9. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Wish I had an ounce for everyone whom I say Welcome to SS.

Welcome...................

10. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

Welcome peter2100 and welcome smithy35

Easy with spending so much money on experts opinions, unless you are going to be spending $300k on silver than it would almost be ok.

11. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

Hello Peter, hello Smithy,

re 10 yr Long Term Outlook at the ""bargain" price of us$7750.... Pffft, if you spent that money on 200-odd oz silver bullion instead you would be much better off. Don't fall for that trap of buying information from every tom, dick and Harry.