Hello from your long lost pal, PPSS!

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by PrettyPrettyShinyShiny, Dec 18, 2015.

1. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

It's great to see the forum is alive and ticking! Been a while since I've visited the threads. Silver's looking pretty floored. Lots of people spewing rubbish based on pretty much nothing. I have to say I've learned a fair bit while sitting back the last couple of years. The most important thing probably has to be patience and not paying too much attention to what's happening around me knowing I joined the stacking community for the long haul (was a little scared early in the piece, though!)

Anyway, it's certainly been fun reading the threads this past hour or so. We are currently in Ontario, Canada which constitutes our final leg in our three month adventure to North America. Visited the Royal Canadian Mint a couple of days ago, too. That was grand!

All the best.
    Nick - PPSS

2. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Shiny pretty silver sure is nice!

Did you get a chance to visit one of the U.S. Mint facilities?

In my view, the most valuable part of the forum is the diversity of views as of late.

When I first joined though, sadly this forum was infested with wacked-out ('silver to da moon tomorrow') permabulls everywhere. Those nasty pests...yuk!

Thank goodness that's changed for the better.

That said, I have no problem with someone who has a reasonable argument as to why the market will soon be headed north.

3. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

We walked past and popped our heads into the mint in DC while we were there, but didn't bother to do a tour as we had just done a bunch of walking tours and spent a while ogling the White House.

Opinion diversity is great, but I guess most people are looking to either make a buck and are trying to find ways to justify their holdings or justify why they sold. Everyone gets in at a different price so some are happy to make short gains then exit. Others got in at $30 or $40 an ounce and buying to lower averages and holding on for th ride.

I really don't know what to believe. So many people have a stake in promoting silver or any other investment or just spout ideas based on not a lot. I did however look at the 10 year platinum chart and its sitting basically at the lowest it's been in that time. I tried to do a bit of research, stumbled across the diesel "scandal" and so on. Even so, it sorta looks tempting to buy an ounce.

Anyone know how cheap platinum has got pre-2005?

All the best,
    PPSS