Hello all

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by Au.Ag.Mzch, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Au.Ag.Mzch

Au.Ag.Mzch New Member

Ok so as of 1wk ago I quietly snuck into SS and have posted a few comments here and there like I've been here for months (I've never been one to be all look-at-me at a party, I tend to sneak in and integrate myself in :) ).

But anyhow I might as well reveal myself: I'm almost 25, based in Geelong (1hr west of Melb), started stacking silver in 2010, then got serious stacking (75% silver : 25% gold) and researching throughout 2011. I'm doing diploma studies in Financial Planning (thinking of going back to uni to do a ba.commerce next year), and am continuing to question the very nature of the financial services industry that effectively takes advantage of people's financial ignorance. I'd rather be teaching people to fish for themselves (like the Rich Dad company) rather than selling them fish. Then again, alot of people really don't want to take ownership/responsibility for their own actions, and learn and expand beyond their comfort zones...in that sense you can't make the horse drink.

Also it's great to be able to talk to fellow PM enthusiasts, and to know that I'm not the only one out there keeping track with what's happening in the world.

2. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

3. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

welcome fellow stacker, have you heard of the austrian theory of interest and discount, I recommend this guy http://www.professorfekete.com/, some very enlightening stuff, unless of course you're a keynesian

4. Jing

Jing Member Silver Stacker

gday fellow victorian

5. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Hey au.ag.mzch- Great a financial planner that actually realises whats going on .You could be the start of a new generation of financial planners that point you in the right direction Good luck

6. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

Hello and welcome

7. XB

XB Active Member Silver Stacker

Welcome au.ag.mzch

8. Ag

Ag Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes welcome...just need to change your avatar to Ag.Au.Mzch - that way get the priority correct :) Ha! kidding...