Guardian Vaults Restrict Access - Pandemic Excuse

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by JulieW, Mar 14, 2020.

1. precious roar

precious roar Active Member

Nothing alarming, imo. Just trying to be careful.

silverhair likes this.
  2. GoldenEye

GoldenEye Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Does anyone have an opinion on Fortis Vaults, Melbourne?

3. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This sounds like GV wants to know what's in your SDB, less visits.. more time for them to figure out how to open your SDB:mad:

4. precious roar

precious roar Active Member

Re: Fortis Vaults: You have to book appointment times and they don't accept cash payments, I believe.

GoldenEye likes this.
  5. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

@GoldenEye Fortis Vault head office is in Brisbane, solid as mate, owned by same guy who owns Cotton & Co and Imperial Bullion - He is RAMs biggest client. If you need more details

jultorsk, GoldenEye and 66rounds like this.
  6. SilverSurfer77

SilverSurfer77 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just for the record, I have been with The Reserve Vault in Brisbane for around 4 years and never had a problem. At this stage I feel my stack is as secure as it can be but I am prepared to act if that changes.

jultorsk and Captain Kookaburra like this.
  7. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sounds like another "no common sense" corporate approach to dealing with what is basically the flu with a fancy name.

I went there today, there were about 7 people waiting in front of me, so I had to make a booking for later in the week.

The stupid part is there were about 7-10 people (some couples) waiting right outside their front door. They wouldn't allow more than one client inside at a time, but they were happy to let them congregate together outside the door.

Aurora et luna likes this.
  8. GoldenEye

GoldenEye Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Fortis require an appointment, but they told me they'll accept cash payments. It's also looks handy being in the same building as Bullion Now and Gold Stackers.

9. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

It is as much like the flu as copper is silver.
    This is not the flu and if you want to continue that view then you could be putting yourself and people you care about at risk.
    First and foremost we understand how influenza works, we know what it does to the body and long term effects.
    Second would be the flu at this stage kills a MINIMUM of 10X less people of those infected.
    Third would be we can vaccinate to some degree to give protection from the flu.
    Forth and probably most important is THIS IS NOT THE FLU, it is a new virus in humans and we have zero known immunity and it has only been known about for 4 months.

silverhair likes this.
  10. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

By the CDC's own estimates, there should be between 4,000 - 15,250 deaths already this year from influenza.

Total estimated Coronavirus deaths 6,518 so far this year.

I'll change my mind when the evidence suggests otherwise.

sterling-nz likes this.
  11. Captain Kookaburra

Captain Kookaburra Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not any good ones....

GoldenEye likes this.
  12. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Yep, should have been fairly obvious that this was going to happen.
    But why would you have to access your metal during this crisis anyway? You wouldn't be selling unless no other choice. Your metal is safe, just bunker down and get more delivered to your home or straight to your SDB if your supplier supports that.

sgbuyer and silverhair like this.
  13. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Interestingly got just this from bullion dealer in France (translated from French) o_O
    --
    Dear Customer,

Following the latest measures taken by the government to stem the Covid-19 epidemic, we wish to inform you and reassure you that, for any order placed and validated on our site, our subcontractors are to date in the Inability to guarantee delivery, your goods will be kept on our premises, securely in the safe, until the situation in France is restored.

In fact, from today on, delivery companies are no longer able to transport goods in good conditions and this in a secure manner.

No worries, we will resume deliveries in a normal and secure manner as soon as we can and once the situation is restored in France, in order to guarantee optimal security and thus avoid any loss of packages.

We apologize in advance for this inconvenience.
    --

ozcopper likes this.
  14. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Im trying to learn some French, how about putting the original message up for me so I can learn some translations? No worries?

15. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

S'il vous plaît.
    --
    Cher client,

Suite aux dernières dispositions prises par le gouvernement en vue d’enrayer l’épidémie de Covid-19, nous souhaitons vous informer et vous rassurer que, pour toute commande effectuée et validée sur notre site, nos sous-traitants étant à ce jour dans l’incapacité de garantir leur livraison, votre marchandise sera gardée dans nos locaux, de manière sécurisée en coffre, jusqu’au rétablissement de la situation en France.

En effet, à partir d'aujourd'hui les sociétés de livraison ne sont plus en mesure d’acheminer les marchandises dans de bonnes conditions et ceci de manière sécurisée.

Aucune inquiétude à avoir, nous reprendrons les livraisons de manière normale et sécurisée dès que nous le pourrons et une fois que la situation sera rétablie en France, afin de vous garantir une sécurité optimale et ainsi éviter toute perte de colis.

Veuillez par avance nous excuser pour ce désagrément.
    --
    Assuming this is as UPS has restricted / discontinued deliveries & pick-ups in several European countries/post codes as of today.

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 1.47.05 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 7.51.37 pm.png