Guardian Vaults Restrict Access - Pandemic Excuse

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by JulieW, Mar 14, 2020.

1. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm not impressed at all with this move, and considering ** removing my custom.

Anyone else use them or have a view on this?

Guardian Vaults is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic by taking precautionary measures to ensure the safety and protection of both its clients and staff.

At all Guardian Vaults and Guardian Gold facilities, all access to the facility will be by appointment only from the 16th of March, 2020 . This includes visits regarding accessing storage, bullion deliveries and account updates. Appointments will be limited to 15 minutes, with one appointment allowed in a facility at a single time.

In booking an appointment, staff will be asking whether you have recently travelled to a country deemed as moderate to high risk by the World Health Organization. We ask clients who have travelled to any of the risk countries to not access our facilities for 14 days after travelling, and be mindful of the risk posed to staff and other clients if you are exhibiting any symptoms.

To view the conditions of booking an appointment, please visit the website, here

Guardian Vaults acknowledges that their clients take great value in their access to fully allocated storage in an independent facility. However, these temporary measures are for the benefit of staff and clients alike.

We appreciate all clients for their understanding during this time.
    ** Correction, WILL be closing my account I think!

2. minimilled

minimilled Active Member

Such bullshit

The only issue is the fact you have to put your fingers down on a surface which scan your dermatoglyphics mapping that to your identity

Simply washing hands in hospital grade ethanol gel or liquid will put an end to issues

I’d consider closing out if the bullshit persists

sterling-nz and madaw1 like this.
  3. silverhair

silverhair Well-Known Member

Custodian always requires a booking in advance, sounds like Guardian is just being professional to me

jultorsk and sammysilver like this.
  4. openeyes

openeyes Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

In times like this I would not be using such a service but that’s just me.

forgedinfire likes this.
  5. JulieW

Maybe so. I still don't like receiving a weekend email telling me of absolute actions now in place. Also, the quasi stasi approach to interviewing me on my travels and activities leaves me cold.

They've simply put another level of complication between me and my goods. As businesses go, they are no longer convenient.

Silverling, sterling-nz and openeyes like this.
  6. silverhair

silverhair Well-Known Member

I get your frustration but these are not normal times

7. minimilled

minimilled Active Member

If a vault threw up high handed barriers, to me that’s a red flag

I’d be out in a flash

Silverling likes this.
  8. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

Normal times has gone forever,unless humanity wakes up. Big Brother wants to know now everything about you and the virus is the tool...

Silverling and 66rounds like this.
  9. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member

Third party risk, no good man.

10. JulieW

Mmmm. Yes, my thoughts also.

11. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm with them and think this is BS. I think they are doing this mainly for their staff and not clients. Their staff can wear masks and gloves all time when they are there. Why do this to us?

Silverling likes this.
  12. Aurora et luna

Aurora et luna Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's never about the welfare of staff or customers!
    It's all about the bottom line. With less traffic, they can reduce staff numbers or reduce the hours they work.
    The new policies they have adopted regarding transfers of bullion from one client's safe to another is frightening! They have an idiotic policy that requires both the buyer and seller to do their bullion exchange outside of the vault premises. The suggested venue for the exchange is the coffee shop upstairs. Try exchanging 15 kilos of silver bars quietly and unnoticed!
    If anyone has been to the Sydney vault, they will know that the coffee shop is one of the entrances into the building with a constant stream of strangers walking past.
    I have no complaints with their staff in Sydney, they are very professional, friendly and helpful however their hands are tied!
    My main complaint is about the stupid short-sighted and moronic decisions initiated by the management in Melbourne for short term gain!
    You can bet they will maintain this new current abysmal service after the Corona crisis!
    I am sorry, I just paid up for another 12 months, however rest assured I won't be recommending their business to my friends or customers.

13. monopolize

monopolize Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think they're doing the right thing. People are underestimating the impact of the coronavirus. Look at Italy, France etc and you can see what's potentially coming, we may just be a few weeks behind.

Corporates are taking action.Telstra I heard has told all their employees to work from home. My work has cancelled all onsite meetings, no visitors allowed. We're not even to attend off-site meetings. Imagine if an employee at Guardian tests positive, then you won't have any access at all!

14. Aurora et luna

Aurora et luna Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^
    Sorry in this case, I have to disagree!
    I know the joint well, it's not like a super-market where people are in close contact; there's usually no more than 2 or 3 clients there!
    If staff were to contract the virus, coming in contact with one or three people won't matter a great deal!

jultorsk and willrocks like this.
  15. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Interesting times. Access won’t be limited much in Sydney, just the inconvenience of making an appointment. However, now might be the time to perhaps remove your gold to home in one one trench, and re-evaluate your silver for a later time.

This falls back to the liquidation scenarios, though we have some time up our sleeve. I’ll be making an appointment tomorrow morning.

Just spitballing now, what happens as the government runs out of money? Do they chase precious metals to back further QE. That’s why you’d get your gold out first. There is also 100:1 weight subsidy in your first trench.

Aurora et luna likes this.
  16. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

can they do online appointment booking etc

17. sodl

sodl Active Member

if you dont hold it , you dont own it ......

18. GoldenEye

GoldenEye Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm also worried about their electronic payment requirements, because instead of just Guardian Vaults being the only entity who is aware of your SDB, we now have at least 3 additional entities who will know of it. There's, IntegraPay (the direct debit processor), your Bank and the Government (can easily get access to your banking records). And at least one of these entities is always looking for novel ways of getting their hands on your assets. Anyone know of any viable alternatives in Melbourne?

Gresham's Law and 66rounds like this.
  19. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It sucked when GV last year changed the rules to not accept cash payments for their vaults.

66rounds likes this.
  20. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Bunnings sell shovels, but I recommend borrowing a friend or relatives backhoe if your stack is big enough.

GoldenEye likes this.