Greetings and saluations

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by Oldsoul, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

Been lurking forever.

Hello.

I own a reasonable quantity of silver that I lost in an extreme and freakish boating accident involving a an angry duck and a mobile phone call to an accountant who was explaining inheritance tax to me while I contemplated my kids future.

While I obviously now have no silver held in the form of one kilo bars and lunars, coins both bullion and junk vast quantities (pf many kilos) of chain sterling or gold coins and bars or rolls of 18K gold chain, or indeed an amusing pile of precious gemstones my boating accident gave me the spiritual depth to accept my children will not have to pay tax on money I was already taxed on should I drop dead.

Recreationally I enjoy shooting and training attack dogs and designing elaborate booby traps designed to injure and main people in cartoon style scenarios who tamper with floor safes although I lost many of these designs in the boating accident and would never ever make one and hurt someone in this way.

I do not believe in aliens or UFOs and like my zombie apocalypses in high definition on a big screen.

I got my capital in the madness of the tech boom and bought most of what was lost to the depths of the sea between 2000 and 2004.

I also collect antiques arms and armour and contemporary art which I also lost in that fateful day when I was scarred with PTSD like nightmare of angry ducks forever.

Compared to silver the prints from artists like banksy would have done a bit better as would the high quality Napoleonic swords and WW1 cavalry sabres over the last few years but I would advise those invested in silver to keep their chines up because everyone thought it was a dead duck in 2002 as well. .

I won't be trading but will enjoy all the jolly banter from optimistic silver traders and people who type sideways.

2. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

G'day and welcome to SS :)

I gather there was some sort of boating accident?

3. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That was one heck of a boating accident.

I'm guessing you probably lost a yacht instead!

4. ultimacash

ultimacash Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Welcome

5. SweetBread

SweetBread Member

Boats are dangerous, I wouldn't take silver on one unless I was going to the new world.

Welcome.

6. Highonsilver

Highonsilver Active Member Silver Stacker

Wish I was getting advice from Oldsoul in 2000. Back then my investments were Y2K supplies and medicinal herbs!
    I've stopped investing in both... No boating incident, just common sense!!