Gold stacker Profile

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by miniroo, Oct 6, 2015.

1. miniroo

miniroo Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

In my profile i'm a silver stacker, but i'm not, i;m a gold stacker.

Is there any way we can send another oz of silver to become gold stackers?

2. neonuke

neonuke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

perhaps you need to send an oz of gold :D

or maybe half a gram of gold will do?

3. miniroo

that could be possible for new donations, 1g gold is the same as 2 oz silver.
    but for existing donators a 1oz silver top up would be easy.

4. Porcello

Porcello New Member

+1

5. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You'll still be a member of Silverstackers so pretty pointless.

6. miniroo

yeah but my profile would be changed to gold stacker, I like to think i'm above the silver stacker status these days.
    soon scrap yards will be buying silver just like aluminium or brass, just another scrap metal.

7. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I didn't know they stacked it that high! :D

8. miniroo

Is that even possible?

I see it like if I was running a fish n chip shop instead of say a bullion shop.

Both fish and chips are the main part of my business, 1 fish sells for $4, 1 chip sells for 5c
    Because my business relies on both I need to stock both and promote both, I don't expect customers to walk in to just buy 1 fish.
    But because chips are cheaper I expect customers to come in and just buy 80 chips because they get a bigger feed with the same money.

So i'm not going to tell customers that 1 fish is more nourishing then 80 chips, and that the chips could be doing them more harm then good.
    it's my business, my livelyhood, so I ensure I always have chips in stock.
    sometimes customers ask me if i'm sick of eating chips, off course not I say, I love my chips!
    But what I don't tell them is I never eat chips, I only eat fish.

9. raven

raven Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

When I grow up, ......... I wanna be a Gold stacker too !
    ;)

10. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Don't open a fish and chip shop, we're going broke and our fish is more expensive than $4. :p

11. miniroo

fish n chip shops need to revolutionize themselves today, and I think I know what you can do to turn your fortunes around.

it's something I was thinking about for a family business by buying a run down existing fish n chip shop where people know it's there but very few go anymore, but it's still in peoples minds, so they would say to friends, "oh you know the fish n chip shop, well it's changed and they do this now" easy to get word of mouth rather then opening up something that used to be a run down milk bar or fruit shop say.

look at how many gourmet burger shops there are now, flogging $12-$18 burgers with a cup of chips for $4 extra.
    That's what i'd be looking at doing, creating some kick ass burgers, like huge ones and going up market.

call yours mmm....burgers!

keeping one deep fryer for chips, and a new extra hot plate and just focusing on 3 or 4 different burgers and that's it.
    you want fish? go fishing, minimum chips? nope. two choices, a bucket of fries or a bucket of seasoned wedges.
    a good dollop of sour cream and that's $4 right there, about one good potato per bucket, 20c

Simple, straight forward and it's fresh and keeping with modern trends.
    a cappuccino machine with hot chocolate for the kids, very high profit margins there too, cost about 25c per cup, sell $3.25 per cup.

Chiko rolls, fried dim sims, steamed dim sims, hamburgers in batter, different fishes, potato cakes, what a nightmare, old school big time.

just deal with fresh lettuce, tomato, cheese etc and mince your own mince meat from a locally sourced butcher and your stock fridge is clean and simple, low wastage, always super fresh and how hard is it to fry up a burger patty? simples.
    stick a skewer in it to keep it together and serve on a plate, yummo!

you'll close down mcdonalds near you after the word get's out, put some tables & chairs in, even just 3 or 4 if it's a small shop and your off and running again.

so your customers are getting something new, the latest trend, and compared to a $6 burger from macca's, well there's no comparison.
    make a good sized patty, mix in fresh spices and herbs, get the patties tasting great, local bakery buns specially made for you, lots of sesame seeds etc, wholemeal, a cheesy top bun.

It's all about quick and simple, very high profit margins so even if your not in a heavily populated area you can still do well.
    aim for 100 burgers a day, then 200 once your reputation builds and skies the limit from there.
    and end of the day it would be fun creating modern cuisine instead of the same dreary deep fry baskets and fish is not always good, our best fish gets shipped off to japan anyway, take advantage of aussie beef, lamb, maybe even a roo burger.

Every country town has a run down fish shop that would turn around quickly if they did this.
    mmm....burgers!

12. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A good Fish n Chip shop is a Gold mine!!!