Gold Nugget Thread

Discussion in 'Prospecting & Detecting' started by ozcopper, Mar 10, 2019.

1. ozcopper

ozcopper Administrator Staff Member

I recently sold the nugget below but as it the photos seemed popular, I have moved it to a new gold nugget thread so people can enjoy viewing it :)

Feel free to add photos of your own nuggets!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tankslapt, raven, Horrie and 8 others like this.
  2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

O my. Gorgeous. Well done to @ozcopper for bringing this to market and to @slavaja for lapping it up.

slavaja and Ivykoin like this.
  3. SluiceGoose

SluiceGoose Member

picture links are broken any chance they are archived?

4. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member

I never see anyone here talking very much about prospecting. Does anyone here dig for gold?
    I have a placer claim in Chaffee county and it's a pretty good spot. I still have alot of work to do there before I really know what I have. If you look to the left the Angel of Shavano hangs on my wall. That's some Forrest Fenn stuff right there.
    My true love is to research and find NEW spots because I'm a treasure hunter at heart. Theres plenty still out there.
    I used to rockhound but the winters in Colorado shut that down for months on end and the only visible bare ground is at the bottoms of the creeks. Wait, isn't there gold in creeks?
    Been hooked ever since and it's how I spend most of my free time for the last few years.

5. SluiceGoose

SluiceGoose Member

I live in the Bendigo Victoria area in Australia. here is a very old gold mining town. most of the attractions are gold related etc.
    people all the time go out and scan for gold and even if you don't find any (witch allot do find a bit) you find berried treasure such as old AF pottery and glass bottle from way back when they where panning next to the rivers and creek beds

i would like to buy some equipment to go do it some more but ATM i find it better (for me personally) to just invest my hard earned into actual Gold and or silver

66rounds likes this.
  6. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I go out and scan for gold and sometimes find some. Thinking I should upgrade my scanning device to one that finds berried treasures like pottery and bottles. The ones I use only detect metal objects

7. JohnnyBravo300

We are getting out of here tomorrow, going a few hours away to Rattlesnake Gulch. I've never been there and wouldnt likely go since it's a public digging area but I want to get out of this snow and ice and see some gold haha. Gotta get down to the desert and in the warmth for a day, supposed to be 41° and sunny whoohoo!
    My usual areas are under knee deep snow and it's not worth the fight anymore. When the gold pans start freezing up you know it's over.
    There shouldnt be any snow and hopefully will be a nice calm day with low water.
    There wont be any nuggets from this place unfortunately. I'm guessing more small gold than anything.

8. SluiceGoose

SluiceGoose Member

41 Fahrenheit? or Celsius?
    would have liked to see a bit more of the desert last time i was in USA. Arizona has heaps going on down some of those less so traveled roads.
    i drove from LA to Vegas so didnt get time to go prospecting. would have liked to . you guys have some awesome rock formation over there thats for sure

9. JohnnyBravo300

41 F sorry. Makes a difference there.
    Was a fun day and got gold and nice cool weather.
    I'm totally smoked and I'll sleep good tonight.