Gold manipulation

Discussion in 'Gold' started by JulieW, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I am sure you meant ...YT is full of so-called experts who have never been in the system

2. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

And aren't we lucky you joined silver stackers instead of make a motza doing what you do ... and have the time to be concerned about not getting an item through Aus Post ...

3. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Fair go re DJT's post. He's only just joined SS and has in good faith provided some personal background experience from being in the industry as part of the thread discussion. Why have a dig at someone's past work background. Pretty uncool.

JOHNLGALT likes this.
  4. systematic

You actually do not know whether the background experience is true or not ... some things don't add up and seem to be unlikely ... not everybody was born yesterday ...

5. Oddjob

Fair call questioning re real or fake and understandable if someone hadn't worked in that sector.....I've only met a few SS members F2F, thus I'll take members comments re background and experience on face value at the outset.

As someone who has worked in the large local and int'l banks thru front and back office (insto/ financial markets), DJT's comments re background & processes, people involved sounds on the money to me.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  6. systematic

The Royal Commission drew far more different conclusions on how banks work ....

66rounds likes this.
  7. Oddjob

How's that? The Royal Commission only looked at the retail arms of the local banks and some insurers. Mac Bank was in and out in 2 seconds and no insto or investment banking bosses or banks (other than Mac Bank) were called to appear. The Royal Commission made no findings or comments other than that which related to the retail arms of the banks / insurers.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  8. systematic

9. Oddjob

The Guardian article (AFR subscriber only) only talked in generic terms about the Royal Commission which was aimed at retail not insto, but I will grant you this.

There is a big difference between those working in retail banking and those in institutional banking.....a very big difference.

Those is retail bank are rewarded on sales be it mortgages, insurance, new accounts . My long term gripe with mortgage lenders was that given the bank had security over the property, if a mortgage went sour, the bank could sell up the property to recoup for minimal or no loss. The mortgage lenders in retail bank were never held to account for loans that when sour......now in insto land and granted the numbers are much bigger, you did a truck load of due diligence on a company before recommending a loan and then you had to go through several levels of approval and checks. If the company failed and the loan became bad, then provided there was no negligence involved, it was "once forgiven, twice shot".....a bad loan hung around the necks of those involved for a long time.

If you have had experience in the banks at the insto level or in the banks in general, I'd be pleased to hear but from someone who has worked in the banks, the Royal Commission only focused on retail as no one (including the media) gives a rats if a bank screws a corporate customer.

10. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

Try manipulating this baby.(the coin, I mean).
    Daniela Cambone of Kitco with a little old Australian Gold coin on New York.