GOLD BUGS COME OUT COME OUT WHERE EVER YOU ARE.

Discussion in 'Gold' started by Guest, Jul 3, 2011.

1. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

Toatally agree with hiho and shiney regarding the drop in oil and Pm's to 'set the scene' for the introduction of QE3, was thinking the same since the drops began... totally rigged.
    Also got to agree with Peter with some downward price movement being associated with people moving out of safe assets into riskier ones (shares, $AUD).
    I'm quite happy with the decline in gold and hopefully see more, as i'm convinced we are going to see more QE in the future which will translate into higher PM/commodity prices and DJI/ASX indexes (as what happened in previous QE)

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Heard the same thing, from memory the logic behind that was that things were looking up and using gold as a safe haven was not necessary.

REDBACK

3. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey don't laugh Spannermonkey some body was paying him for his opinion you'll make them feel bad ;)

And you could argue on his behalf that the declining gold price supports his supposition.
    In fact you could argue a number of points supported by the declining gold price and they would all have credibility.

But i like aleks short concise comment,i think for me that really nails it !

REDBACK

5. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Ag in relation to conspiracy theories:

Now, if we analyse that quote out of context - we get to make the following conclusion:

Conspiracist!!!!! Conspiracist!!!!! Conspiracist!!!!! Conspiracist!!!!! Conspiracist!!!!! Conspiracist!!!!! Conspiracist!!!!! Conspiracist!!!!!

:D

6. mmm....shiney!

yes hotel, you are the biggest silver bug I have crossed paths with. Good fortune to you :)

7. Guest

Guest Guest

hotel 46 you are the most honest and down to earth silver bug i have come across !

REDBACK

8. intelligencer

intelligencer Active Member

I had to reply to this, perhaps to correct, perhaps to clarify, or maybe even to inquire since I think the logic here doesn't really hold water.

At the moment you don't have to invest 40x more; but rather 40x LESS to get an equally valued investment. You appear to either have not thought this through carefully.

So if you had to have 40 kg of silver to store $45 thousand, you only need 1 kg of gold to do the exact same thing (certainly not 1600 kg of gold).

Gold has less risk and more modest gains perhaps, but in either case if you have gone by your definition of putting in only money that "you don't need" then gold will also serve the same purposes.

It's OK to not be a gold fan but really, the basis for your reason if it is summed up by the above, then it rests on poor or flawed logic.

Moreover gold has one distinctly superior feature to silver in all scenarios; it will always be superior money because it is always more useless than silver. Silver's industrial usage is actually an Achille's heel when it comes to serving the purpose of a wealth store. It is subject to more factors for its price movements than merely monetary ones.

It will probably never serve as a standard for monetary measure because of the lability of its stocks and flows. Nothing can hold a candle to gold in that sense.

Anyone who ignores gold because it is 40x more expensive currently is making a big mistake imo and leaving oneself open to not being included in the most massive wealth transfer of all when gold will be suddenly when no one expects it revalued breathtakingly to stratospheric levels. I truly believe that will happen.

In that scenario even a 1gram bar of gold will participate.

Ignore at your peril.

9. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

Love your optimism! Heard a comment on the radio the other night that it could be 10 - 20 years before SHTF , I just hope it is a bit sooner than that!

As for gold price I was expecting it to drop at the end of QE2 but I thought silver would drop more so really I can't figure this out, maybe it is a manipulated drop in order that someone somewhere can buy up big ? In which case it should shoot back up soon.

10. fiatphoney

fiatphoney New Member

Making logic judgements, Mr Leaky?
    No you seem to be making an inquiry, possibly?

Money (only gold :mad: :mad: :mad: ) is worth more than what it can buy, because it is money. Deep storage hoard Low velocity mode.
    But when you spend it (such as after rpg*), it buys less. Scramble to claim the jackpot High velocity mode. Ever heard the words 'gold town boom'.
    Maybe there is not much difference between bitcoin and the fofoa flavour of freegold afterall.

So if someone invents a gold based technology that eclipses silver usage, gold is rendered useless as money and NOT enhanced! Oh dear.
    Gold would take on a higher price, and some volatility at the high end, both to the UPSIDE and downside. Why, because CB's will not divest gold because of technological advances that supposedly undermine its function as money!

If only we could sell stupidity (low velocity), instead of getting it for free (high velocity). It would imply the world would be a smarter place, no? ;)
    Those who wish to purchase stupidity please press the 'donate now' button so that 'precious' might be preserved.

*RPG - Reference Point Gold

11. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

and that in English please? :/

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok firstly if i could make this entire thread disappear i would,in my haste to post the topic i excluded i was looking for opinions from people who had hands on dealt with gold over the last decade.My bad totally
    Secondly i got my name on another Forum where you have the option to post a topic Debate free-Shame we can't do that here.
    Thirdly I think most of us read between the lines and knew what hotel46 really meant when giving the 40x statement
    Fourthly Intelligencer Hotel46 made a sterling point that he needs every cent working for him,thus one of the reasons he is not a gold fan.As Hiho posted not to long ago he finally got it that Gold is a store of wealth not an investment vehicle.There are better investment vehicles out there.
    Your contention that gold is distinctly superior to silver as a form of money is not supported by its historical use as money..Just ask the Spanish,British,French,Americans,Australians..etc..etc..etcetc..etc
    As for gold being more useless than silver"POPS" thats a big statement to make and is again not supported by its historical uses as jewellery,in the electronics industry..etc..etc..etc..etc..
    "Silver's industrial usage is actually an Achille's heel when it comes to serving the purpose of a wealth store." Well thats another big statement "POPS" considering that the contention now is that due to Silver's consumable usage and non recyclable position that goes along with some of that usageSilver can very fast become rarer than gold there is a wealth of info re this contention out there and it seems quite plausible.
    Then there is this massive wealth transfer when gold is suddenly revaluedcaused by what?? A decline in the confidence of the fiat system..thats now and gold is still dropping
    A change over to the gold standard..?? Like the Central banks would let that happen anytime soon.

REDBACK

13. fiatphoney

fiatphoney New Member

Don't be too hasty Redneck. Intelligencer COULD help you to increase your understanding greatly if he so chose.
    I am sure he has helped many others around here.
    Just as, I could speak in plain English if I choose to do so, or even post for that matter

There are lots of intelligent folk around here who have something to offer.
    I am always happy when they take the trouble to post, even if seldom, preferably seldom in some cases :D

It is sometimes helpful to delineate between those who are trying to help you, and those who are trying to help their own ego. It is easy to detect, you Redneck you :)

14. mmm....shiney!

Fiatphoney. Well well well. There's a blast from the past I haven't seen for a while. :)

15. Chilli

Chilli Member Silver Stacker

What do you mean "it's gone no where" ?

16. Guest

Guest Guest

i'd say someone that says 25/40 kg of gold is nothingneeds to go to rehab
    :D

REDBACK

Concur it has gone nowhere last couple of years unlike silver,all my receipts back this up

17. silver$100

silver$100 New Member

18. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker