Gold below spot!

Discussion in 'Gold Coins' started by SilverKendo, Apr 11, 2014.

1. SilverKendo

SilverKendo New Member

Hello all,

I just wanted to share I bought some gold on ebay below spot! Of course we will see if it really gets here. I bought two 2.5 pesos coins for $75.50 each! Each coin has .0603 troy oz of fine gold in it, so at current spot each coin has about $80 worth of gold. I'm kinda excited about it. Just wanted to share with some folks that would understand :)

Chris

2. mr-dead

mr-dead Member

Fingers crossed they turn up for you.

I really like the look of the peso's, dont own any at the moment but planning on getting a 20 peso at the end of the month.

3. SilverKendo

SilverKendo New Member

Thanks mate. I like the look for the pesos, too. I have a 2 pesos coin coming also. Sadly I paid a few dollars over spot for the dos pesos (but still a good price). I like the pesos because they have such a low premium. I wonder why that is? Good gold coins that are as cheap as bars or rounds. Oh well my gain :)

Chris

4. SilverKendo

SilverKendo New Member

Well I have a tracking number for the two 2.5 pesos coins and the 2 pesos coin just got here. I've noticed the dos pesos sell out quickly when APMEX has them on ebay and now I see why. They are a delightful little coin. They feel good in the hand and look great. Mine still has a cartwheel luster on it; not bad for an older coin. Since they can be had with a very small premium or even at spot I would strongly recommend these for folks that don't have the spare cash to get larger amounts of gold but want to start stacking a little as they go.

Cheers,
    Chris

5. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

6. aussiesilver

aussiesilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

One of those 50 peso gold overdates went for about $30k in the last heritage auction,lovely coin

7. SilverKendo

SilverKendo New Member

Well I got my two 2.5 pesos coins in the mail today. Thanks for crossing your fingers everyone. I think for gold I might start stacking the 2 and 2.5 coins because I can get them at spot (or below) and they look and feel good. Getting two coins in the post was a nice treat today too because I just got back from a really good trip to Niagara Falls, ON! If anyone hasn't been to the falls make sure you check out the butterfly conservatory. The wife didn't know if she wanted to go or not but we decided to anyway... one of the best parts of the trip! I also really liked Tim Horton donuts :)

8. BiGs

BiGs Active Member

XRF it to make sure,
    before you buy more,
    so you can detect flaw,
    and improve the adore.

A poem by BiGs.

9. SilverKendo

SilverKendo New Member

Wow I just won another ebay auction for a 2.5 pesos coin. Got it for $74.95 about a buck under spot! This one has a bezel that looks like it could be silver too. I think I am becoming a big fan of Mexican gold since I can seem to find it for below spot. Good times.