"Global Warming" Anomalies.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by mrsilverservice, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yep, yep and yep........Don't tell Al, he'll block you on Twitter:D

Whilst the Chinese do play the strategic long game and have branched out into other regions of the world inc Australia to help secure food product for their people, if the SHTF re drop in global food production to the point where it becomes a full blown crisis, then I can see those countries where China has bought ag production land and assets nationalising that land for their own use (if usable) and the Chinese won't be able to do much as they can't fight multiple countries all at once across the global especially if they are having issue feeding themselves......that's assuming that the Govt of that country is more concerned with it's own people than those in Beijing.

PRC swapping from swine to fish....smart move to shore up food production.

leo25 likes this.
  2. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

At 15 cents a pop for something that cost them less than 3 cents did it backfire?
    Do you not think the likes of Woolies and Coles were heavily vested in pushing the move away from "single use bags" they provided at no cost to bags that they profit from?
    This never had anything to do with the environment and everything to do with increasing bottom line profits.

leo25 likes this.
  3. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes, and not forgetting the benefits of virtue signalling on a giant free advertising hoarding provided by the MSM. Actually it was quite fascinating to watch the whole process spin across the newspapers. If we hadn't heard that Woolworths was pocketing some 600 million (from memory) as a result of the 'ban', Woolies would have looked very environmentally conscious. More than Coles anyway! lol

Joking aside, I'm very encouraged by the ban on single use plastics being introduced in Europe. It's hard to see a market driven solution with plastic being so cheap and easy. No wonder plastics have triumphed. Van Badham in The Guardian has a good point in her latest article:

What I learned from my month of privileged, cashed-up western failure is that it’s going to take the regulation of plastic production, distribution and supply by global governments to make anywhere “plastic-free”. Single-use-plastic-bag bans are not enough. Recycling is not enough. Governments must legislate to enforce the use of alternatives, starting yesterday.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...estern-failure-to-go-plastic-free-for-a-month
    I think that as the hazards of plastic in our food and water and the health dangers become more publicised, consumers will open up opportunities for the return of reusable glass containers and so on, but they'll be niche 'trendy' options and so government action seems to be the only way.

That said, it has been known since the 1970s that cooking oil in plastic bottles is carcinogenic, no argument, eat plastic bottled oil and you'll get cancerous cells as a result, and it's even worse if you heat the oil. The attack on your body is intensified.

But shelves in Woolworths are still lined with plastic bottles filled with cooking oil. A clear public health danger that one would assume is in the government regulation rationale. There is no answer to this that doesn't lead one down the conspiracy rabbit holes. After all, how much profit is there in poisoning your customers, or failing to protect your constituents?

And what an unfortunate side effect from plastic food containers are the reducing sperm counts in humans, and also the feminisation of the males of various species that get their dose of plastics elsewhere and which have reducing populations as a result.

Perhaps the government will ban it!
    What's on Telly?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  4. l***g

l***g Active Member Silver Stacker

I didn’t realise people were being forced to buy 15c shopping bags? Seems like a tax on people who can’t do some simple planning.

5. Stoic Phoenix

^ Its a convenience tax...much like lotto is a hope tax

6. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I thought i made it clear that Coles and Woolies did it only for profit, they loved it when all the "green" people put pressure to do this. The backfire reference i made was directed at the environmental people that somehow thought this will save the planet.

7. leo25

I don't see it as a tax. As already said, it's a cost of convenience. No different from buying water in a bottle for $1.5. The entire economy is based on cost of convenience.

l***g and 66rounds like this.
  8. GoldenEye

GoldenEye Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is a Huge Win for Climate Skeptics.

Climate sceptic (Dr Tim Ball) Defeats Climate Alarmist (Michael Mann) in Canada's Supreme Court and full legal costs awarded to Dr Tim Ball.

The mainstream media has long cited Michael Mann as ”a world-leading climate scientist” and a champion to help dethrone “climate denier” President Trump. However it seems he's been caught fraudulently altering the climate data to produce a ‘hockey stick’ shape to falsely show the dramatic temperatures rising ‘catastrophically’ to fit the fake UN IPCC doomsaying narrative.

Dr Ball has long warned that if the world was permitted to see behind the secrecy they would be shocked at just how corrupt and self-serving are those ‘scientists’ at the forefront of man-made global warming propaganda.

https://principia-scientific.org/breaking-news-dr-tim-ball-defeats-michael-manns-climate-lawsuit/

leo25, jultorsk, Oddjob and 3 others like this.
  9. Stoic Phoenix

^ Hang the Mann jerk.
    Its up there with crimes against humanity in my mind this push to make everyone swallow this global warming bs.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    GoldenEye and jultorsk like this.
  10. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's not global warming or climate change, it's climate destruction we are doing.

66rounds likes this.
  11. Stoic Phoenix

not what this thread is about skyrocket

12. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

13. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's close enough

14. GoldenEye

MIT Professor Richard Lindzen On the Corruption of Climate Science (short 3 min video).

Not just Climate Science, but I believe most science is manipulated to suit the payer's needs.

15. leo25

Yep scientist are normal people like any other. They have mortgages and families and therefore need a reliable flow of money. So when research funding becomes very competitive you can be 100% sure most will say whatever needed to ensure money keeps coming their way.

Very easy to tweak numbers to get any result money will buy.

16. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Too true and a very sad indictment on science.

66rounds likes this.
  17. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

18. mrsilverservice

mrsilverservice Well-Known Member

I started the topic of "climate change" with a middle aged woman at the local post office today and she said - whoa whoa o_O

and it was then I was reminded that ignorance is in huge demand today and you can have as much as you want,it is completely for free :D

-

-

-

-

The Book of Psalms Chapter 119 verse 169 &1 70

Let my cry come before You O Lord,give me understanding according to your word.Let my supplication come before You,deliver me according to Your word :)

19. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's first days of autumn after "record hot summer" on Northern Hemisphere... :p

https://translate.google.com/transl...efter-att-deras-fartyg-kort-fast-i-polarisen/

The Swedish ship M / S Malmö with climate activists on board has been stuck in the ice on Svalbard [Spitsbergen]. This is reported by the Norwegian newspaper Nordlys . The news amazes critics of climate alarmism: "Maybe they had read in the media that it would be ice-free up there now?".
    ---
    The trip with MS Malmö to Svalbard was launched as a "climate march" in the tracks of the polar explorer Ludolf Schjelderup's journey 88 years ago. But instead of melted icebergs and glaciers, they were met by a frozen sea and stuck in the ice.

On the trip, the activists had a team of documentary filmmakers. It is now unclear if there will be any documentary film when the trip did not go as planned and the reality at Svalbard looked different than imagined.

Boats and helicopters from the Coast Guard have been deployed to rescue activists in the sea. It is also assisted by piloting M / S Malmö south to ice-free water.

The event brings cheer
    The independent Norwegian media site Document observes the event and detests Swedish climate activists for taking part in too much disinformation in the media about the alleged climate threat.

They write: “Maybe they had read in Norwegian media that it should be ice-free up there now? The whole thing is pretty comical ”and notes that this is how“ myths clash with reality ”.
    ----------------------------------
    https://translate.googleusercontent...700265&usg=ALkJrhg7BRIvX7U9-H6IEHFkM18BEFB8VA

A rescue helicopter from Svalbard on Tuesday night evacuated the 16 passengers who were on board after the ship got stuck in the ice, the Norwegian National Emergency Rescue Center reports. Passengers are transported to Longyearbyen, the same place as the ship left on Saturday.

"The ship has escaped from the ice, but is still working to get out of the area and find a free course out to the open sea again," rescue manager Jakob Carlsen at the Norwegian rescue squad told NTB late Tuesday night.

In Longyearbyen, passengers were taken care of by the local rescue center and representatives from the shipping company.

The MS Malmö captain alerted Kystradio Nord and the Main Rescue Center at 3pm on Tuesday with a desire to evacuate the passengers. Then the vessel floated with the ice, and the ocean current was about to lead it into a shallow sound at Rønnbeckøyane.

Passengers included both film producers who document climate change and people who are interested in climate issues.

leo25, 66rounds, Oddjob and 1 other person like this.
  20. GoldenEye

Shaddam IV likes this.