Global Protests

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by willrocks, Nov 28, 2019.

1. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Either way I'll continue to avoid GMO and diss Monsanto.

madaw1 and mmm....shiney! like this.
  2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That’s the best way to lodge your protest, let the market decide, not a bunch of politicians and their bureaucrats.

madaw1 likes this.
  3. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

mmm....shiney!-I'll provide you with the source re;this matter later on, however most of the researches are funded by Monsanto and similar companies. Well some would say- this is predatory journalism, some evidence of truth. Layla Katiraee said:The current scientific consensus regarding GMOs remains unchanged: they are safe and do not pose a health risk to humans.
    40 years ago asbestos was safe too!. Will continue...

4. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member

Remember just recently they found asbestos in baby powder.
    How many generations have been exposed to that over the years?

madaw1 likes this.
  5. mmm....shiney!

That is an observation, it’s not scientific evidence that GMOs cause genetic mutations or other illnesses.

6. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Isn’t that just like voting in democracy? Mob rule?

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  7. mmm....shiney!

I guess the grassroots are similar, but mob rule carries negative connotations and relies on brute force and domination. Free-market pressure is more subtle, voluntary and generally results in enhanced wealth ie consumer needs and desires are met and businesses profit.

8. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

This is correct-an observation is sometimes more important than scientific evidence produce by the company/or be a sponsor of the research/which has an interest in the research.
    Now to the point-having someone in the family being diagnosed with IBS and leaky gut ,for many years were trying to find solution to the problem/there were no doctors to be able to help because they simply don't know-they were prescribing some medication/toxins/ to keep business going. One day we came across one doctor 42 years experience in this field,who pointed out that this type disease is related to GMO gluten intolerance. Hi said,that the doctors are afraid to tell about the true nature of GMO gluten-simply they have to follow the crowd. Cutting long story short removing GMO gluten from diet this person has recovered completely in 12 months. The doctors were surprised/as always/-miracle?-no. I don't need scientific evidence saying it can't be done when it has been done! How and who will perform this sort of research when everything is control and paid by big Pharma and Monsanto?
    Your link was very interesting but with the big flaw-it didn't stated who has funded these researches?
    I don't need to win this discussion -me and my family is healthy ,I know who is the monster and what sort of products they produce.
    The conclusion-https://medium.com/1-one-infinity/gmos-are-they-safe-10e1a350dd36

Jim4silver likes this.
  9. JulieW

Could not agree more. I also promote the reasons to protest to anyone who'll listen. The hip pocket nerve is the most sensitive!

JohnnyBravo300 likes this.
  10. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member

The FDA is run by the same people so there wont be any reports for a few more generations. It's always the same.

11. JulieW

There's a reason we've so many "new" diseases replacing the old grim reaper standbys.

12. mmm....shiney!

That's bullshit because GMO wheat is not commercially produced for consumption. Either the doctor got it wrong or your family member did or you got the story wrong.

There is a study by Samsel and Seneff that suggests that glyphosate is linked to gluten intolerance here, it's peer reviewed here and found fallacious.

The authors of scientific papers concentrate on scientific evidence/processes, not on funding issues so I can't reasonably comment on your alleged flaw except to acknowledge that yes, scientists can be manipulated and do mislead, whether intentionally or not. Now that can work both ways (maybe that explains your doctor story) so it's fruitless us spending energy going down that path.

13. mmm....shiney!

There is. And Darwin worked out why over a century ago.

How does it go again? Stone Age news being presented as 2019's.

14. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

You must have read my post in the hurry-I agree that GMO wheat is not commercially produced for consumption/there are few trials even in Australia/ and I've never said it is. By the way if GMO food is so good why GMO wheat hasn't been commercially produced yet?I'm not expecting answer to that. GMO food includes corn,soya,canola,zucchini or even milk as well. If you are sick for many years and suddenly you are come across some doctor who will points you in right direction/ don't eat this sort of food/,although this sort of treatment and thinking is against medical establishment-you are again healthy and like born again-you call this bullshit because doesn't fit in your scientific evidence. What if you've got thousand scientific evidence and you still sick because you follow blindly so called scientific evidence what you should and should'n do. My doctor is ;wrong;-and I'm happy for him because he had the guts to tell ,what the most are afraid of,or don't want to know.

There is a study by Samsel and Seneff that suggests that glyphosate is linked to gluten intolerance here, it's peer reviewed here and found fallacious.

Mesnage and Antoniou said:
    We found that these authors (Samsel and Seneff) inappropriately employ a deductive reasoning approach based on syllogism. We found that their conclusions are not supported by the available scientific evidence.Thus, the mechanisms and vast range of conditions proposed to result from glyphosate toxicity presented by Samsel and Seneff in their commentaries are at best unsubstantiated theories, speculations, or simply incorrect. This misrepresentation of glyphosate's toxicity misleads the public, the scientific community, and regulators.

re:glysophate Samsel and Seneff work was funded in part by Quanta Computers,Taipei,Taiwan,under the auspices of the Qmulus project.
    Mesnage and Antoniou are working in Department of Medical and molecular Genetics at King's College London-their work was funded by... I couldn't find it.
    Robert Mesnage had 10 years experience as toxicologist when working on this project . I'm not in the position to evaluate his credentials,as you should'n do the same to my doctor who was working 4 times longer than Robert Mesnage. This gay specializes in glyphosate ,but for some reason he didn't mention nowhere why;quote

Germany’s Bayer is now facing 42,700 U.S. plaintiffs blaming its glyphosate-based weedkillers for their cancer, more than twice the tally in July and potentially raising any future settlement.

I agree 100 percent !
    At the end of the day thanks for your links-The life is a learning process.