Gillard - I will not resign

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by CriticalSilver, Sep 2, 2011.

1. jpanggy

jpanggy Active Member

Hindsight will prove best answer. 2 years from now, we will know whether we truly handled gfc well.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

The $900 was a total over reaction at a time when we were not in major trouble.
    Kinda like a field of Southern soldiers panic shooting their first field balls over their enemies head instead of holding fast and using that first important volley when it really counts.
    The Labour govt buckled and Dry fired..even the Reserve bank disagreed with the move and correctly forecasted the Chinese factor boosting our economy.But the Reserve bank board were not qualified enough for D-head Rudd.
    We have generally sailed smoothly through the GFC,remarkably its our internal policy decisions that has brought us to our Knees.
    We needed the Surplus to be kept for a time when it really counted like now!
    Lets not get all mushy and excuse their absolute idiocy and compared to foreign bank basket cases ours look like champions!
    They are to blame and can be blamed,it still amazes me that some people are willing to give them a get out of jail free card!
    Had any of the Govt ministers(Hey u don't hear a reference about Garret anymore) preformed so poorly in the Private sector they would have got the Anus light Years ago and probably would have been sued on top to boot.
    Regards
    REDBACK

3. Guest

Guest Guest

2 years from nowDon't have to waitWe the people and the Australian Banks including the Reserve Bank and Private Businesses are handling it well or more to say as best as we can with the Sabotaging govt we have.
    W.A Cattle exports Boom gone overnight by a stupid,short sighted Govt.
    Awhhhhh..Lets just rehash the top 50 list from the previous post topic!

:/

REDBACK

4. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You assume there is not a greater plan here.

To continue the Titanic comparison, it doesn't matter what the captain does provided the Owners agree.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Gillard's just going along for the ride. How in hell is she supposed to impede the Globalists diabolical agenda's?

6. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If any of those institutions were any good the GFC would not have happened. They were the officers on deck when the ship ran aground. I didn't hear the IMF or the World Bank warning anyone about any of the obvious unfolding crises in the mortgage markets or ETS trough before 2008.

7. bond007

bond007 New Member

I haven't got any work, Julia just shut down the family business, putting 100 Aussies out of jobs.
    I think I will claw back some hard earned tax money and go on the dole for a few....!

8. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

Personally, i hope she stays on until the next election. Her presence will greatly expand the winning margin.

;-)

OC

9. Forge

Forge Member

Don't know, but our local (Labor) member used to run the hospital here (which is a $120M annual operation).

10. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

lol Surely you jest? Well at the risk of being baited to take the piss I will bite anyway. So lets see:

1. Department of the Treasury = The government, if they said we did the wrong thing it would be like giving yourself a bad report card.

2. Dozens of respected local economists = All brought up and schooled on Keyensian Economics, the same as the rest of them in the mainstream, they don't know any better so would have done the same thing.

3. Hundreds of respected international economists = See point 2, all of the Austrian economists howled it down.

4. The Australian Banks = This is just a joke, they were caught out as much as anyone and were the biggest benefactor of money printing in the US and bailouts here.

5. APRA = A government set up organisation.

6. The ASX = Is a privately owned company, why would they get any credibility to have an opinion on this. It's the same as saying "woolies also agrees that the government did the right thing"? Oh thats right, with central banks printing money it slowed millions lost of the stock market and brought more people back into stocks for a few years.... = Bigger profits for them = No credibility.

7. The IMF, World Bank, EU central bank = Didn't see it coming and all failed to restrict risky financial instruments.

8. The three major ratings agencies = that is the biggest laugh of all. The same agencies that rated junk MBS as triple A that allowed such a huge market from them? They are a joke.

11. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

Is that a private or public hospital?

12. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well, no, not really.

There's you, Tony Abbott and Andrew Bolt saying the government handled the GFC badly and virtually everyone else - including all the other countries that got completely slammed - saying they did a good job.

Don't get me wrong; I think the current government well and truly sucks overall but they handled the GFC well. You can tell because we don't have a 100% debt-to-GDP ratio, inflation is only slightly above average, we're not constantly bailing out our banks, other countries aren't bailing us out, our interest rates aren't nailed to the ground and our unemployment rate is at the level considered "full employment".

Our current situation didn't just come about by magic.

13. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

She should be tried for treason, so no need to fund her retirement!

14. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

maybe she just needs a good luvvin ....

15. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

while retards and parasites have an equal value vote to everybody else this wont make one bit of difference.
    A qualified vote is the only way to go

16. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I dont totally disagree with you, but Labor ARE still far greater parasites then the Libs, and we'll always have higher taxes under them.

If it were up to me i'd prefer a libertarian party like the Liberal Democratic Party to be in power ...
    perhaps a good vote for the senate.

but in the upper house its pretty much a choice for the lesser of two evils

17. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Well Gillard seems to have run with the "dictatorship" part pretty well though - lying to the electorate and bribing independants to get into power, and then a "stuff you Jack - I'm okay" attitude to the startled electorate ...

18. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Tell that to the small businesses of this country who are either already bankrupted of heading that way very quickly.
    Ditto regarding those who have seen their expendable income shrink into nothing or negative territory due to increased government charges/taxes as well as other life support services jacked up by government such as electricity and water charges.

This will get much much worse once their hairbrained carbon tax comes into being.

are you sure you're living in Australia mate?

19. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If Howard had been PM instead of Rudd/Gillard I have no doubt that our position now would be far better. We are where we are now despite Rudd/Gillard, not because of them. We would certainly have a lot better balance sheet without all of the colossal wastes of the Labour government. The Pink Batts, Set top boxes, Grocery Watch, Fuel Watch, School Carpet, School Laptop debacles were an absolute drain that we are still paying back, the refugee epic fail will cost us over two hundred million dollars, they nearly wiped out the NT cattle industry with their clumsiness and the crushing economic grind caused by the mishandling of the Atmosphere Tax and the mining tax is flattening the economic outlook. Finally, the idiocy of the opaque Fair Work system has reduced employment hours across the board by 7 percent.

They didn't handle the GFC well, they stumbled through it while sending the nation into joblessness and red ink. The sole good call that was made was Mr. Rudd implementing the bank deposit guarantee. Well, they got one thing right.

20. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

There are always challenges facing any country, including ours, but thats why you dont need or want imbeciles in government - ever - as they will always create new problems where there weren't any (like the avalanche of boats) and they'll inevitably make existing problems far worse.

Kapish??