Gainesville and Apmex

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by dccpa, Dec 5, 2011.

1. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Cimexus, it definitely sounds like AU is ahead of the US in the funds transfer area. I just didn't agree with the massive fees part. I wonder if some of the difference is in the basic account fees area. A lot of accounts in the US are no fees for the basic monthly services. Do the AU banks charge monthly fees on most/all accounts?

2. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I completely agree with Cimexus. The US still appears to be based predominantly on check banking. Electronic banking definitely is not the norm and still has a long way to go to catch up with both Australia and Europe (Germany at least).

Just look at the likes of Gainesville. Two options open ie Wire Transfer or credit card with Wire transfers cheaper than Credit cards. No option of getting online and making an electronic payment (by far the fasteds, simplest and cheapest of means).

3. projack

projack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This all about protecting bank card and pay pal revenue. Banks make the rules in the USA.

4. shano73

shano73 Member

Thats funny, they do in AUS aswell :) :)

5. projack

projack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Got my email shipping notification on Friday from Gainesville on the items I bought on Tuesday. UPS called me from Sydney this morning at 8 am that the goods have arrived.