FS Gold Krugerrands S.T. Dupont Lighters 1/2oz Silver Proof Daffy Duck

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by joe, Oct 24, 2020.

1. joe

joe Member Silver Stacker

F2F Gold Coast or happy to assist with express postage. Contact anytime, 0458 042 877.

Hi guys,

Something a little different. Have a couple S.T. Dupont Lighters I’m looking to move on.

There’s a lot to the world of luxury lighters, I’ll spare the all boring details and general info/history, and hopefully this’ll catch the eye of someone who knows what they’re looking at.

And maybe even the eye of someone who wants to buy their first ;)

Honestly I’d be surprised if there isn’t a decent amount of interest, I mean I got into Dupont lighters originally because in many ways it was like the gold I stacked. These are a part of history, shiny, plated in precious metals, amazing to feel and hold, probably more eye catching to regular people than coins are, so definitely a conversation starter. Not to mention amazingly well made.

I’m putting up for sale 2 of them, perhaps more eventually. (the rest are also pictured in a couple photos). First one..

Bi-colour Brushed Silver and Gold Plated S.T. Dupont Ligne 2 small $800

37 x 11 x 56 mm (same size as ST Dupont Gatsby)

Stunning. Very rare, very special. No leaks. Perfect working condition.

Excellent vintage condition. Not perfect, but better than 99% of examples you can find. Amazing condition actually considering you can’t buy this one anymore and haven’t been able to for a long while.

I actually have this same design also in the Ligne 2 Large (37 x 11 x 62 mm). Together they’re a “his and hers”, I might sell them together if you’re interested but otherwise I will be keeping it or selling it separately at a later stage.

This one doesn’t “ping”. Not all Duponts do, such as the more interesting designs like this one :p If you’re only in it for the sound, keep in mind that fakes ping louder than most real ones anyway.

However, I do have the following, which has a beautiful ping upon opening..

S.T. Dupont Ligne 2 Montparnasse Silver — $750

37 x 11 x 62 mm

This one’s still a current model available to buy new, retails for almost $1000 AUD.

Very good condition. Not perfect but again, most of my collection is in better nick than others for sale on the second hand market.

This one has a loud, crystal clear ping sound upon opening, if that’s your thing. It’s nice for sure, though.

Regarding authenticity:

One way to tell (or rather the main way) real and fake Duponts apart... The copies are just very easy to tell apart with their clumsy, badly stamped, primitive, huge serial numbers. There is a world of difference. You may know this already otherwise feel free to do some research.

Anyway, I do not own any fakes/copies/replicas.

I’ll include some adapters for refilling with butane of your choice, use a high quality one please. Dupont/Dunhill butane highly recommended but you should be fine to stray as long as it’s known to be very pure, ultra refined etc. I like Newport. Comes with a bunch of adapters that suit Dupont/Dunhill as well.

Onto the rest:

Sold most of my other 1oz gold coins so not as urgent now.

I have a Sigma Analytics PM Verifier that I'll bring along. You can bring your own test equipment along if you desire, calipers, milligram scales and so on.

• 1979 1oz Gold Krugerrand
    • 1979 1oz Gold Krugerrand
    • 1981 1oz Gold Krugerrand
    • 1981 1oz Gold Krugerrand

Aaannnd finally, this is the missus’, she never got around to finishing the set so she’s asking me to sell it. Haha :)

Perth Mint 1/2 oz Silver Proof Daffy Duck

sold

5000 mintage. #0959 I believe

Thanks for your time :)

Joe

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    Horrie, oziwassabi, Drdoz and 3 others like this.
  2. joe

Bump

3. Antonio316

Antonio316 Active Member Silver Stacker

what's up with that Swan in the far right? It looks like it's looking for a new home? ... :)

Horrie and SilverNGold like this.
  4. SilverNGold

SilverNGold Well-Known Member

Did someone say swan?!

5. Genghicat

Genghicat Active Member

How much is the swan? It’s right next to the PAMP in the top photo :p

Horrie likes this.
  6. joe

daffy, 1 of each of the kruges sold pending payment

7. joe