**** FREE **** Round 50s - 10x Available

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by neonuke, May 13, 2021.

1. murdochsacuck

murdochsacuck New Member

I don't know about you guys but I've been feeling pretty disheartened about the future of our country, so I am going to create a website, stickers and banners to get people to vote for the labor party (lesser of two evils imo)

2. ppier

ppier Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is the way
    Auction them off and donate to Smith Family and sponsor a kid at school
    The next generation is the ultimate way to pay it forward

Ivykoin, neonuke and BackYardPirate like this.
  3. SilverBags

SilverBags Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Off The Coast Of Australia - MY ISLAND HOME
    You are flogging a dead horse mate!
    The labour party died in June 2010 no different to the libs, all are owned and run by the big end of town.......................
    Just ask julia gildard who sold out all peeps of Australia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wonder how many brown paper bags she received under the table?

https://www.smh.com.au/business/a-snip-at-22m-to-get-rid-of-pm-20110201-1acgj.html

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    Steveno likes this.
  4. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

ahahaha
    thats an act of cruelty, you now need to pay the OP a round 50center I recon. lol

but seriously, politics should be left out of a thread like this

5. Shlomo Goldberg

Shlomo Goldberg Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The lesser of two evils is still evil.
    Two heads of the same beast that work against our people dividing & conquering for their 30 pieces of silver.

adze67, Ivykoin, Steveno and 3 others like this.
  6. Revils

Revils Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've got a rural bush block in Tassie - it doesn't have a proper road to it, just 4wd tracks basically.
    Another neighbour further along is planning to build so they need a better road - nobody will do it cheap because it's a big task getting the machinery out there. There's one local who will do it because he's friends with another neighbour and I think he feels obligated because he's really the only person who can get it done - he's full time caring for his wife though and he never accepts market rates for the work he does. I'd give him the 10 round 50s as a tip and if he tried to refuse I'd tell him it's just $5.

Edit: Just saw it was 1xround 50 for 10 people so I'll see if I have any left and co-contribute the other 9 if I have them.

neonuke likes this.
  7. BackYardPirate

BackYardPirate Active Member Silver Stacker

I'll donate to this cause, as well as bid for the fidys

neonuke and ppier like this.
  8. BackYardPirate

Pm incoming, I'll send you some fidys That can be sold and the proceeds donated.

ppier likes this.
  9. wiggles

wiggles Member

If I got a free 50c, I'd give it to someone who hasn't started stacking but who I think could be inspired to begin!

10. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

It’s called ADDICTION...:confused:

SilverBags likes this.
  11. mythar

mythar Active Member Silver Stacker

There's a bit of thread de-railment that hopefully someone fixes up as i like the spirit of the original post. Even though the people that do good deeds are the last people that will want to accept any reward.

My mini story is as follows.

I was waiting at my local supermarket last week when i noticed the lady behind me was struggling with her basket, so i moved my items further along and lifter her basket onto the conveyor (its an older-style supermarket). She said "thank you" politely, and i said "happy to help" to which she replied "that's something you don't hear too often anymore" which made me think how people are much less likely to put themselves out there to help strangers or even interact then 10-20 years ago.

I carried her heavy item to her car which took a whole minute out of my day and her genuine gratitude gave me a feel-good buzz far greater than what i was expecting. It was nothing to me but it made me more aware that a little bit of help can go a long way and now i actively look around for small things i can do in my neighbourhood.

The auction idea is a good idea. I'd be happy to send something small in to be added to a silver job-lot with the proceeds going to a good cause.

Shlomo Goldberg, neonuke and ppier like this.
  12. murdochsacuck

murdochsacuck New Member

hahaha, I definitely didn't expect the backlash
    but your not wrong about leaving politics out of a thread like this so I'm gonna shut up :p

BackYardPirate and Jason1 like this.
  13. BackYardPirate

This is the way.. would be great if 50 people donated 1x fidy to be auctioned and the proceeds donated somehow. Gee, perhaps we could as a group sponsor an Australian child via the Smith family.

14. BackYardPirate

Screenshot_2021-05-18-12-54-23.jpg Screenshot_2021-05-18-12-54-23.jpg $52 a month and we could help pull an Aussie kid out of poverty. My family used to struggle when I was kid. I never had the brand name shoes or brand name clothes, never had the right books, never went on school excursions, I missed out or my clothes came from Target or hand me downs. So I know how cruel kids can be at school. In the spirit of the OP's thought's, I'd be happy to donate 2oz of AG, which can be auctioned off. If we get 20 people that would be will to send the OP 2 Oz, that's 40oz, we could do this just ONCE every year, we could sponsor 3 Aussie kids per year, for a full year! I'm in.. have sent the OP a PM. I assume the OP is in, so we need 18 more people!

15. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

It's @neonuke's thread, if he wishes he can let us know.

16. Gazza79

Gazza79 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

We did this a few years back on here when we had members donate some silver and gold for an auction and all proceeds goes to kids with cancer and it was a huge success due to the overwhelming generosity of the forum members.

It went to auction sold then the winner paid and donated the whole lot again for another auction and it happened 3 times I think.

One member collected all the gold and silver donations and then sent the package to the winner at the end and I collected the money and then donated all.

I think we raised just over $2k, was realy nice to see :)

17. neonuke

neonuke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

thanks for everyone's responses so far, there's still a couple of days to run before the 10x round 50s are gone, so I will let that run its course.

had a very generous offer from @BackYardPirate to donate silver for a charity auction, and will have a think how best to run that and the logistics of it etc. stay tuned...

BackYardPirate likes this.
  18. BackYardPirate

I'd like to donate 2oz as well..

Partner of BackYardPirate. Our family are in for 4oz donation ✌️

STKR likes this.
  19. Teh silvers

Teh silvers Member

Mate I've been a member here for over 10 years and dont post much and i want to tell you your a bloody legend. I'm not entering as i hope someone who deserves it gets it.

neonuke and STKR like this.
  20. neonuke

neonuke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Cut off is tonight to get a free round 50. Thanks for everyone’s replies so far, really great to hear the stories you’ve shared so far