Fraser Anning - The Rise and Rise of a Complete Moron

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by mmm....shiney!, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t care what or who’s fault it was, if we had any sort of permanent dictator, I would quickly lose my pacifist ways

l***g likes this.
  2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

@milled , you’re being deliberately disingenuous and misrepresenting what libertarians maintain.

The debate with you is now over for me.

milled likes this.
  3. mmm....shiney!

Moving on, Liberal backbencher and former Human rights Commissioner Tim Wilson has not made any comment on where he would like to see the Libs preference Anning's party. Apparently he was the main instigator for calling on the Libs to Hanson last.

Tim Wilson has a sound position on the place of race in legislation having been a public supporter of removing the racial vilification act whilst the Human Rights Commissioner on the grounds that it gives members of certain communities (he's referring to minorities here), political advantage over those who are not members of those communities.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/po...n-most-lower-house-seats-20190404-p51api.html

LMAO, I was obviously being kind referring to Anning as a moron. Wilson says he's a turd. I can't argue with that. :D

4. milled

milled Active Member

Libertarianism is from what I have read not synonymous with open borders. Maybe I'm wrong there, though it would also be wrong to conclude wilful pretence to naivete on my part. Open borders mass migration is something logically that leads to minority for the majority ethno-group subjected to it. It does not to my knowledge have a root in libertarianism, but a lot of people who call themselves libertarians seem to think open borders is a component.

You have to know the lib-dems appeared first on the senate ticket in the key electorate for them in an election where openbordersism was roundly rejected by the populace. The fact that the lib-dems were first on the ticket meant they got in. It's no worse a thing to say than Ricky Muir got in.

5. milled

milled Active Member

I believe the motivation behind open borders is hostile. I would only want it for a country that I intended to dissolve.

mrsilverservice likes this.
  6. mmm....shiney!

That is correct. Some Libertarians support open borders others do not. Libertarianism is not synonymous with much really, it’s mainly don’t steal my stuff and just be nice to each other.

I’m an anarcho-capitalist. It’s an economic argument for me. The free movement of people, ideas, goods and capital enhances wealth. My position on it is that it’s like going to a shopping centre, everyone is welcome to come and go as long as you adhere to the rules of the shopping centre. Follow the rules and everyone benefits, if you don’t, you get kicked out.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  7. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So is this a fair summary?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-capitalism

On a read it sounds like good theory, but as I've said before, I need practicality in my systems.

Reading that summary I immediately thought of the private firefighters in San Francisco in the 1890s and how poorly the folk were served by a free market pay as you go approach to Fire Brigades.

I know you're passionate about political theory Shiney. Not trying to rain on your parade, but have you come across any sophisticated communities that have successfully enacted any of these theoretical approaches?

There is a book "Island" by Aldous Huxley, which describes to me my ideal community come Shangri-La. I recommend it highly if you're looking for something with a bit of intellectual depth to read but that is also very entertaining. Unfortunately I can't give the plot away otherwise you'd know why I recommend it.

Spoiler alerts abound but in essence, this is Huxley's utopia:

https://www.huxley.net/island/

And there is a link to the book itself in PDF you fancy a good read.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    mmm....shiney! likes this.
  8. mmm....shiney!

Thanks Julie, you raise some valid points.

I’ll start a new thread dedicated to anarcho-capitalism once I’ve watched GOT.

9. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Final wash-up of the NSW Election for the Upper House, and One Nation have won two seats,

Quote from the SMH just now:

"Of the 21 seats up for grabs at the March 23 election, the Coalition have picked up eight seats, Labor seven, the Greens two seats, Shooters, Fishers and Farmers one seat, One Nation two seats, and the Animal Justice Party one seat.

The final make up of the Legislative Council will now see a crossbench of 11 MPs, while the Coalition will have 17 seats, and Labor will 14."

So One Nation go from nil to two seats in NSW....I suspect SloMo and Bill will be a tad worried about that transposing into the Federal arena come May.

10. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Do you think that by trying to extract race and religion from the debate that you may be ignoring an important and truthful component of the equation?

For example some countries (and by extension people from those countries) have murder rates 543% higher than Australia. Their violent crime rates are even higher. Would it be wise to allow mass immigration from countries with disproportionately higher murder and violence rates. Isn't that in effect importing the problems from those countries into Australia?

It all comes back to nature vs nurture. I know there are good people in every race and religion. But I can't help but think "what if" those violent tendencies and lower IQ rates are embedded into DNA, and they skip generation(s).

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  11. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

please elect your hero

[​IMG]

12. mmm....shiney!

Restricting migrant intakes from societies that are violent or have values that would clash with our notions of liberty ie "shithole countries" is very different to just basing an immigration policy on the colour of someone's skin or which god they choose to bother.

mrsilverservice and l***g like this.
  13. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

"please elect your hero" Thanks for asking, alor.
    FRASER ANNING JPEG.jpg

14. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I agree. However often it's hard (if not impossible) to separate those issues. Especially when/if the "shithole countries" have predominately one skin color, or a predominate religion.

Do you propose banning people based on their birth nationality? Or should Australia try to analyse reasons why the country is a "shithole" in the first place, and ban people exhibiting those traits?

15. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

16. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

See Thread Title.

17. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

What is the Thread Title?

There are that many cross-over conversations that sometimes it is very hard to work out where to make a comment without offending someones sensitivities, especially LEFTIES WITH A BARROW TO PUSH. (if you know what I mean).

18. mmm....shiney!

Sorry mate, I only just saw this.

Immigration is a consumer good. So set a market price for entering a country. The immigrant wants to enter a country so he agrees to pay the market price for buying his right of entry whilst at the same time he acknowledges that his entry is subject to whatever conditions the vendor chooses to place upon the sale of that good.

There will always be a place in this free-market for the genuinely disposed or those fleeing persecution. In such a circumstance sponsors will act as guarantors for the prospective migrant.

19. mmm....shiney!

If given a choice between Anning or SHY, I'd go Anning any day though.

20. l***g

l***g Active Member Silver Stacker

I think any complete moron is ok to post here so you’ll be right mate

JOHNLGALT likes this.