Folau believes only one thing...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by bubblebobble2, Apr 11, 2019.

1. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks ParanoidAndroid. Very hard to find the truth when scanning news items about stuff you don't give two hoots about. I thought they actually had "Terms and Conditions" and no doubt this was a case of the mob reporting him en masse.

It appears that the money might have been a gift also, since there's no requirement for him to use the money for its stated purpose, though I think that if a campaign is cancelled then funds are returned to the donors.

2. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

I just popped it in because Julie used Leviticus the other day and as she was aware off that particular book i thought it best to use it to back up my argument.
    And the bible is the bible, the only real difference is the New Testament is a little less blood and guts.

EDIT: I also believe Falou is a dickhead , but even dickheads have rights thankfully.
    We take away rights from people just because they are dickheads , or perceived to be dickheads then it would not just be me losing my rights but some of you as well because just being stackers would make us dickheads to some.

3. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Unfortunately the Bible is not the Bible. The new and old testaments are as different as silver and gold. To bundle them together is not a true reflection of how religion is structured.

paruwka likes this.
  4. JulieW

I actually quoted Leviticus ironically for what it's worth. Folau and his tatts (his missus too) selecting bits and pieces of verses, but he seems to be plowing on with New Testament Paul stuff as pointed out so eloquently by SammySilver above in Post #137:

I notice above that Leviticus was quoted. It is a book of the Old Testament so not pertinent to any discussions on Jesus as he brought in a new covenant (or agreement with God that proceeds the OT). We then have another dichotomy in that there are two theologies in the New Testament, one of Jesus and one of Paul. The theologies are very different but have been harmonised by the church. Jesus' message is one of forgiveness whilst Paul's is one of condemnation, similar to the OT. Therefore if Folau was a follower of Jesus he would not have written the things he did as it is against Jesus' teachings and more in line with Paul's. However, the word Christian is a creation of Paul from the mid 50's AD, so in effect refers to Paul's teachings more so than Jesus'. Therefore followers of Jesus are not Christians. So for Folau to have had "Christian" beliefs and quote Jesus is a contradiction. He is a follower of Paul. I notice above that Leviticus was quoted. It is a book of the Old Testament so not pertinent to any discussions on Jesus as he brought in a new covenant (or agreement with God that proceeds the OT). We then have another dichotomy in that there are two theologies in the New Testament, one of Jesus and one of Paul. The theologies are very different but have been harmonised by the church. Jesus' message is one of forgiveness whilst Paul's is one of condemnation, similar to the OT. Therefore if Folau was a follower of Jesus he would not have written the things he did as it is against Jesus' teachings and more in line with Paul's. However, the word Christian is a creation of Paul from the mid 50's AD, so in effect refers to Paul's teachings more so than Jesus'. Therefore followers of Jesus are not Christians. So for Folau to have had "Christian" beliefs and quote Jesus is a contradiction. He is a follower of Paul.
    It doesn't matter for this discussion but I've read most of the religious texts. What is evident is that the rules are man made, the remote deity ready to smite you is man made, and the basic message of most is pure and simple. The Golden Rule - Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. That's all that matters in my view and you don't have to be 'religious' to obey it.​

5. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I find it interesting that people on this forum can support a corporation using it power to target an individual employee for their personal beliefs, despite said corporations corporate sponsors sharing the same belief, tearing up the employee's contract without legal cause. Then when the targeted employee attempts to use the appropriate legal avenues to pursue remedy for the breech of contract by the corporation you attack them, say they had it coming because they hold different beliefs to you then insist that they should walk away or go bankrupt pursuing a fair remedy in the courts. When they do ask the supportive community for assistance you join the mob in denying them support from willing individuals.
    Forget what was said, this is wrong, all offense to what he said is fake, he didnt discriminate, attack or abuse any minority or individual. Unless they believe in hell at which point they dont need him to tell them that they are going there if they are on his list of people going there.
    This is nothing more than a community attacking another community and using him as the head on a stake to warn off anyone else who dare hold a different belief system.

Have you tried the scenario the other way around Julie?
    What if a gay guy lost his job because he posted pictures of his gay wedding on his Twitter account? The Christian school fires him because of it and he takes them to court for it. He asks the community for help and the go fund me page is taken down to stop the community from helping him. People then actively seek to attack anyone who supports him to further isolate and weaken him.
    You would be ok with that?

Oddjob and leo25 like this.
  6. sammysilver

Your sentiments are correct Julie. If Folau left his remarks in the church, no body would care, or most probably even notice. However, if he wants to go out in public and proselytize, he should have stopped and thought out what he was trying to achieve. The end result is that religion, the church, and his faith, have been open to ridicule, thus taking them further into extinction.

JulieW likes this.
  7. JulieW

Serial, if he was posting pictures of his gay wedding and suggesting that anyone not gay was a dirty sinner and deserved all they get in the way of retribution by others in the society - then no. But it's a hypothetical isn't it? Folau did it all and now reaps the crop.

Sammysilver. Thanks for all you do!!

Here's something to rock the morning.

8. sammysilver

@serial, you are right as well; there are a number of situations here. Folau's misguided proselytizing, his legal stoush with RA, and his crowdfunding. Most agree that he is a goose in the first instance. RA has been shown to be incompetent by not locking his social media posts into his new four year contract in the second instance, and finally the crowdfunding. I would agree that IF has a right to defend his stupidity and that RA has a right to challenge it. There appear to be a number of people prepared to back IF and if Gofundme has the right to cut of support to him, I believe that there will be an alternate fund raising set up, that will make IF's position and support even stronger. We are a long way from the end and in the mean time there will be a light shone on the LGBQT community, the church, RA, Israel Folau, Gofundme and the courts.

9. Gullintanni

I wasn't bagging you Julie with the Leviticus thing.
    It was just because you used it the other day so i thought id keep it all in the same basket:)

JulieW likes this.
  10. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is the biggest point of all, the golden rule. Just as i want the freedom to say whatever i like in my own space (and i consider an individuals social media page as personal space) then i also have to grant others the same freedoms, no matter how much i disagree with them. (with some extreme exception)

If he went on a public TV show and said what he did then i would tell him to piss off, but to my knowledge he hasn't done this. As i stated before no one would have ever read about his ramblings if it wasn't for the disgraceful media shoving it down everyone's throat, heck i didn't even know who Israel Folau was.

Also why are people getting so offended about a religion they don't believe in?? If someone on the internet talked about how something i happened to do was bad i wouldn't give a shit, i just wouldn't read their blog. At some point people have to grow up.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    Gullintanni likes this.
  11. Gullintanni

You summed it up leo.
    While i do not agree with the guy i still defend his right to speech about religion.
    After all this is all about the guys right to freely express his views on his religion without suffering consequences for his views.
    There is now NO DEBATE allowed if that debate upsets some others in society and that should have you all scared shitless.
    Of course those who disagree with him will forget that society is like a round about and in the future sometime THEIR views will be derided like those of Falou and they will have no precedence to rely on to help them regain their freedoms because they did not want debate now.

12. Gullintanni

We also now have stories like the one i link here.
    Basically because Mrs.Falou supports her husband NZ Netball are being put under pressure to remove her from the team or discipline her in some manner.
    HOW THE F IS THAT FAIR?
    Now just keep in mind what this means for some of you here.
    A son or daughter gets into trouble and you support them WELL YOU ARE GUILTY TOO.
    A husband or wife gets into trouble and you support them WELL YOU ARE GUILTY TOO.
    A friend gets into trouble and you support them WELL YOU ARE GUILTY TOO.
    A brother or a sister or a mother or father get into trouble and you support them WELL YOU ARE BLOODY GUILTY TOOOOOOOO>
    It is sick and we should stop this garbage.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/netba...iling-to-deal-with-a-problem-like-maria-folau

Oddjob and leo25 like this.
  13. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

but what he said isnt even remotely close to that Julie, he said that they would go to hell. You either do or do not believe in hell. If you do then you will have your own belief system as to what it is and how you get there. No one as far as i know, thinks that society decides where you go in the afterlife so your statement is a twisting of the truth and the same mental gymnastics that people have engaged in to justify the call to action against him.
    Can you not see that it is you who is not only discriminating against someone for there beliefs but call for retribution against them.

I say all gay people should have their bank accounts closed and be fired from their jobs.
    If you have a problem with this statement then you should have a problem with the way Folau has been treated
    Btw i dont, i find the legal personal beliefs of a person to be fine so long as they dont call for violence or impact physically another person negatively. Hurt feelings dont count

14. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And the winner is.....

GoFundMe!

Got free marketing & publicity, on Folau's expense

15. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

I'm from Melbourne & there seems to be plenty of action around this Folau thing. I've had many foreign dishes, is it anything like a souffle?

16. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So I go to the GoFundMe web site and type "legal" into their search engine....now that threw out some interesting causes being allowed to fund raise on GoFundMe.

1) Pastor David Lynn from Canada is raising funds for his legal defense for "breaching the peace" when public preaching in Toronto. Apparently all was peaceful until the activated left / LBGTQXZY brownshirts, sorry "rainbow shirts" turned up to harass this Pastor and complain they found his comments offensive and hate speech. Pastor Lynn was arrested for that.

https://www.gofundme.com/free-david-lynn

Seems Falou's de-platforming from GoFundMe was targeted and only happened once the Australian SJW's egged by the red bandanna man from the SMH started their recreational outrage campaign fanned by the media who love a good headline. Pastor Lynn's GoFundMe page remains active.

2) One can scroll through all manner of GoFundMe campaigns, and as I did for the ones seeking funds for "legal" issues, I came across 3 LGBTI campaigns that were based on defeating Falou or used his name negatively as a marketing hook to raise funds.

Thus, Falou can't raise funds via GoFundMe, but other groups apposed to Falou are allow to use his name as a rallying point....seems like those groups are invoking and promoting hate against Falou for their own gain.

Gullintanni likes this.
  17. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As time goes on I'm seeing an ever greater importance to Crypto currencies. Maybe Folau should have put a Bitcoin address for people to donate to.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  18. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As a non-Mexican, I see AFL as just 36 blokes in tight shorts with handbags mingling together....but what do I know I played the more genteel game of rugby.

BIAS and PREJUDICE....you say...is Falou not encountering that now from the enlightened club of SJW's who's call to arms is "inclusion" provided you agree with or not challenge the SJW's value and belief's.

SJW's could learn from some teachings of the Bible however they choose not "the turn the other cheek" but to lash out?

But then again, Jesus and Christians were persecuted by the Romans and look how that turned out for the Romans....a few centuries on.

Gullintanni likes this.
  19. Gullintanni

Oddjob YOU GOT IT.
    The SJW's are the biggest fans of inclusion until you disagree with them .
    Of course if you disagree with them then you are tarred with the RACIST, SEXIST,RAPIST or of course ANTISEMITISM brush.
    Of course gofundme and the sjws are pretty much untouchable at the moment by history tells us their time will run out and then ???????????????
    Well i am not sure what then , but i would hate to be them.

20. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

@serial, if I employed you and you were well known as being in my employ, I would quietly ask you to not post those views on social media. If you persisted I’d sack you because I’d be worried you would damage my business reputation.

We could then go to court if you’d like.