Folau believes only one thing...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by bubblebobble2, Apr 11, 2019.

1. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

TLDR?

Essentially the research shows mistranslation of "lover of boys" ie. pederasty, into the German "homosexual", a word invented last century.

American influence on bible publishing and translations are the main culprits. IMHO part of the fooling of the US population using God as opiate and controller of the people.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  2. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

From memory, weren't most / a large portion of the first US settlers "Pilgrams" escaping religious persecution in the UK and Europe as they wanted to practice their form of Christianity post the changes of Henry VIII & QE1 in the 16/17th centuries...thus the culture and Govt developed around a Christian belief rather than an enforced one?

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  3. JulieW

I think the Founding Father's were anti-church (and central banks!).

I read somewhere that "in God we trust" is a 1950s slogan.

I think also the pilgrims were Quakers which decries "public" Christianity, just as Jesus did.

4. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Alexander Hamilton was a supporter of central banking. He died at the hands (or barrel) of Aaron Burr during a duel because Burr was offended at Hamilton calling him names and because the two men clung to the archaic notion that a man's honour required defending to the death, they met at 20 paces at dawn. It's a shame they both didn't die and that more central bankers, lawyers and politicians don't don't pop each other off in similar fashion.

The founding fathers were intent upon separating church and State.

5. JulieW

And the push to join them continues.

6. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

TLDR: Poor research with wrong conclusions.

Sorry, the provided "research" is profoundly wrong on so many levels.

1. Any decent researcher looking into the biblical translation accuracy of Leviticus would go directly to the original Hebrew/Vayikra (not German, nor Swedish, nor Norwegian) - which Jews still use and can translate today.
    2. The Torah plainly states, as does almost every other version of the bible, "And a man who lies with a male as one would with a woman...".
    3. An accurate biblical translation has got nothing to do with American influence. The KJV was completed in 1611, more than 100years before there were American evangelicals, and that version also states: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman..."

GoldenEye, mrsilverservice and leo25 like this.
  7. mrsilverservice

mrsilverservice Well-Known Member

This subject - Folau believes only one thing - cannot be seen on my search of the Current Affairs section o_O

Have I been annexed from the search being special or is it only accessed now from the people who previously posted on this thread,it is a mystery :D

John Chapter 3 verse 16

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son,that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life :)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  8. JulieW

And so back to the selective readings then.

9. GoldenEye

GoldenEye Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Wasn't there some "hate speech" story about "Sodom and Gomorrah"? So maybe we should just stop Priests from reading certain bible text. Hell, why not just ban the Bible altogether, after all it's full of hate-full stories.

Or, here's a novel idea, why don't we just allow people to express their own ideas and if we don't like them, just move on and ignore them.

mrsilverservice likes this.
  10. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes, golden eye has hit the nail on the head. This isn't about what is written in the bible or how accurate his interpretation of it is.
    It is about the fact that because of his statement about a place that no living person can prove exist or doesnt, his contract has been cancelled without reasonable cause because of the pressure placed on his employer by social activist.
    It is also about the way so many people have dog piled on him to score social justice points when he dare take reasonable and legal action to defend his right to enforce the contract he had with RA.
    The social activists then take it to the next level when they demand that he go bankrupt pursuing the justice when so many people are willing to financially assist him in this endeavor and they use their collective clout to try to stop people from being able to.
    I think you all need to watch the documentary on dictators, especially The dictators Rulebook-kim jong un. You will see how they control the masses by using thought crimes as a way to weed out people who disagree with anything the ruling class see fit. It talks about how people can lift themselves up higher by virtue signaling at pointing out others who disagree with government policies. Then how they can remove access to food, financial resources etc. The next thing is re-education camps where they work them to death and other citizens justify it by saying that they shouldnt have said what they said.
    Now ask any left wing pro gay marrage ultra liberal person if they think people should be prosecuted by the government for saying what IF did and i bet 99% do. The other 1% open advocate for violence against them for "thought crimes"
    So no, i dont buy the line that homosexuals are a persecuted group, i believe that alot of the"i know a person who had this happen because of their homosexuality..." are at best half truths, at worse plain out lies. I have in all my years never witnessed any act of violence either physical or verbal against any person because of their homosexuality. I have personally witnessed acts of violence against people because they have voiced an opinion about homosexuality that wasn't positively so until I do we will have to agree to disagree Julie

11. JulieW

It's indeed good we can disagree Serial.

12. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is the progressive Left's version of agreeing to disagree.

The Left has the freedom to say what they want, whereas everyone else has the freedom to remain silent (or face sacking, violence, threats, etc).

leo25 and mrsilverservice like this.
  13. mrsilverservice

mrsilverservice Well-Known Member

It has come to light within the last few days and is well documented that the Qantas boss has/had put pressure on ARU to sack Israel Folau (not in so many words) this happened as I said before within the first 24hrs of his Corinthians post.

Sponsor are now more than ever forcing "their high morals" on the people they give a buck.

Lets be completely honest,all businesses do what they do to drag every stinking $$$$ out of everything that they do,it is not high morality but high greed :mad: especially the huge multinationals like the ARU,ANZ,etc,etc.

I cannot wait to see the outcome,hopefully we will all know much better were we stand into the future :)

The Book of Ephesians Chapter 6 verse 12 & 13

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood,but against principalities,against powers,against the rulers of this dark age,against spiritual hosts of wickness in the heavenly places :eek:

14. GoldenEye

This is history repeating itself: In 1933 they identified with the Communist Party (left flag below). Today they identify with the Democratic Party (right flag below).

Antifascist 80.jpg

mrsilverservice likes this.
  15. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thats a commonly held fallacy.

The profit incentive is what helps individuals meet their needs.

16. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Every Australian who has third party superannuation has shares in these businesses. We, the people are “big business”

mmm....shiney! and Oddjob like this.
  17. GoldenEye

We have shares in the businesses, but very little say in what they do.

18. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yep, the public howl at the banks for how they act and the size of profits they make, but how many people with super are complaining about their returns driven by the banks who make up four of the six largest companies by mkt cap on the ASX.

sammysilver likes this.
  19. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

To be fair it's more the younger generation that complain about banks and those people don't really care about super. It's the older generation that care about super and they generally never say a bad word about the banks. They don't want to bite the hand that feeds them.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  20. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you don’t like how a business is run, tell your super co not to include that business in your portfolio. If more pro-active people did this, it puts the onus back on the business to behave in a better manner.

mmm....shiney! and Oddjob like this.