Folau believes only one thing...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by bubblebobble2, Apr 11, 2019.

1. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Well-Known Member

Agreed. The silent majority, the truly tolerant demographic, have drawn a line in the sand. Now time to sit back and watch the rivers of SJW tears.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    Oddjob likes this.
  2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Evangelical hey @sammysilver ?

My earliest teachers in theology were Anglicans from the “Sydney School”. I did some courses at night when I was in my teens.

3. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is apposite:

[​IMG]

Ag bullet and mmm....shiney! like this.
  4. GoldenEye

GoldenEye Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I’m wondering what it means when they take Israel's $750K, and one day later he’s now got $1.5M? I’m thinking this is not a good look for gofundme.

5. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Exactly

6. mrsilverservice

mrsilverservice Well-Known Member

As of two seconds ago = 1,940,000 :D

I hope that I am around to see the outcome of any court case,it will more than likely affect all of us :eek:

Full Time -

Big Izzy 1 - :D

Weak Willed Lefty Snowflakes and "Others" 0 :(

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    Gullintanni likes this.
  7. JulieW

The Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission has been asked to investigate the Australian Christian Lobby over its role in helping Israel Folau raise more than a million dollars for his legal fight against Rugby Australia (RA).

Folau raked in more than $1.5 million in donations on Tuesday through a relaunched ACL fundraising platform, despite having a GoFundMe page banned on Monday due to a breach of the website’s terms and conditions.
    The Australian Christian Lobby is facilitating Israel Folau's fundraising efforts.

The Australian Christian Lobby is facilitating Israel Folau's fundraising efforts.Credit:AAP, Australian Christian Lobby

It was also revealed on Tuesday that Australia’s largest crowdfunding platform, MyCause, also knocked back an initial request from Folau’s camp to relaunch his fighting fund.

The renewed support for Folau comes as Gillian Triggs, the former Australian Human Rights Commission president, said she believed it was important to protect the rugby union star's right to freedom of speech.

From the SMH.

8. JulieW

[​IMG]

Izzy or isn't he?
    :rolleyes:

Homophobes Might Be Hidden Homosexuals
    A new analysis of implicit bias and explicit sexual orientation statements may help to explain the underpinnings of anti-gay bullying and hate crimes
    Homophobes should consider a little self-reflection, suggests a new study finding those individuals who are most hostile toward gays and hold strong anti-gay views may themselves have same-sex desires, albeit undercover ones.

The prejudice of homophobia may also stem from authoritarian parents, particularly those with homophobic views as well, the researchers added.

"This study shows that if you are feeling that kind of visceral reaction to an out-group, ask yourself, 'Why?'" co-author Richard Ryan, a professor of psychology at the University of Rochester, said in a statement. "Those intense emotions should serve as a call to self-reflection."
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/homophobes-might-be-hidden-homosexuals/

bubblebobble2 likes this.
  9. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Your example has happened previously and was not such an issue

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  10. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So they shut down his gofund me support, the Australian Christian lobby helps to facilitate his fundraising then they go after them. Are you seeing a pattern yet Julie?
    Be tolerant unless you disagree with us then we wont tolerate you or your supporters.
    All of this could have been avoided if they had just ignored his tweet, but they couldn't ignore it because it goes against the mainstream media narrative

Gullintanni and leo25 like this.
  11. serial

link?
    Or is this like your assertion that Julian Assange is a rapist and that they would arrest him for this if he left the embassy?
    Not what everyone else was say, you know, that the rape charges would be dropped and the US would then try the extradite him and the rape charges were designed to drum up support for his arrest and smear his reputation
    Oh wait..

12. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

They will keep coming for him again and again and again. izzy.jpg

13. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

14. Oddjob

Holy crap Batman....Triggs actually said something supporting free speech. Those QUT students will be falling off their collective non- indigenous only lab chairs.

15. Oddjob

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Imagine if the article had been written this way.......

a) it would never see the light of day in the MSM,
    b) if it did the Jackbooted Rainbow Shirts would be screaming their lungs out and ringing their lawyers,
    c) the publisher would cave left and sack the writer, the editor, put the entire company through LBGTQIANVJF awareness (and enjoyment) training plus donate a hefty sum to some rainbow coalition group.

Hetrophobes Might Be Hidden Hetrosexuals
    A new analysis of implicit bias and explicit sexual orientation statements may help to explain the underpinnings of pro-gay bullying and hate crimes.

Hetrophobes should consider a little self-reflection, suggests a new study finding those individuals who are most hostile toward straight people and hold strong gay views may themselves have opposite sex desires, albeit undercover ones.

The prejudice of hetrophobia may also stem from liberal same-sex parents, particularly those with hetrophobic views as well, the researchers added.

"This study shows that if you are feeling that kind of visceral reaction to an mainstream-group, ask yourself, 'Why?'" co-author Richard Ryan, a professor of psychology at the University of Rochester, said in a statement. "Those intense emotions should serve as a call to self-reflection."

16. JulieW

Oh I totally agree Serial that this is a political football, not just a Rugby football. The problem I think is the issue of 'free speech', employment contracts and homophobia has become so entwined, that the camps have taken up the cudgels on both sides. I notice that the Gillian Triggs, previously dragged through the mud for her 18C interpretations and actions, sees the issue clearly as a freedom of speech.

The cultural marxist doctrine of categorisation is of course the culprit, as you say the 'tweet's should have disappeared into the ether, but social media, especially Facebook seems to be the natural home of the looking to be offended. So the 'useful idiots' screaming about every 'politically correct' issue piled on this one quite predictably. I'm actually encouraged that Australia is drifting away from its bigotry and racists stances, albeit every so slowly, so this much ado about nothing has really thrown the camps into stark relief.

As Steven Wright says, I fancy myself a peripheral visionary, and see things way off to the side. This issue will be used by politicians to gather support and little by little free speech will be eroded, in much the way that 18C tried to legislate righteousness and simply sent the neo-nazis and stalinists underground.

I'm fond of quoting it, but : "He who has not lived in the years before the revolution cannot know what the sweetness of living is", meaning in my case of course, that I perceive the older life as more rewarding and sweeter than this time, when a spade was a spade or if you wished a 'fcking shovel'.

I take Shiney's point on optimism, we do truly live in extraordinary times where cancers are cured almost daily, but when I look back to my salad days, with fatal disease and death near, self-sufficiency and tolerance a requisite and simple pleasures abounding, I do miss those days before the 'modern revolution'. The clean air and natural world a joy daily, (and yes the horrors of yesteryear are there in my recollections, but time does coat memory in honey), but one could speak clearly one thoughts and allow them to stand or fall on merit, and not be harangued or judged in some online kangaroo court.

But back to the matter at hand, as Marshall McLuhan said: " A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight and understanding"

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  17. JulieW

But it's science so it wouldn't be.

I think the continuing murder of queer people and suicide of queer children is enough reason to publicise this homophobe/homosexual paradox widely. Anything that shuts up those hate spouting homophobes is a good thing, science proving they 'doth protest too much' is the best yet.

18. serial

Julie, as much as we seem to share similar feelings about freedom of speech i can't disagree with you more when you use social science (not a real science due to the lack of absolutes) to link people who disagree with homosexuality, aka homophobes as is the current label, with the suicides and murder of homosexuals.
    Have people been targeted for murder because of their sexuality, absolutely but people are murdered for many different reasons. I bet that homosexuals have targeted straight people as well. Murder is abhorrent no matter the reason. In addition the assertion that people's non acceptance of a persons homosexuality can lead to suicide is ridiculous. Homosexuality is a get out of jail free card for any inappropriate behavior to the point that they hold parades of people dressed up in highly sexual and provocative clothing which children are encouraged to attend and tax payer dollars fund.
    There is no mainstream shame for anyone who decides to declare that they are homosexual and anyone who disagrees with the lifestyle choice risk being attacked the same way IF has been. They will come for you, your job and your family. They will attempt to isolate you, break you and drive you to suicide.
    Do homosexuals face this risk?

leo25 and Oddjob like this.
  19. Oddjob

You miss the point...If that scientific article had of proposed the position I noted in the re-write, the left would have come for the writer with brick bats, but as it may or may not correctly hold a view that hetros are closet or hidden gays, it stands and anyone questioning it would be howled down. Imagine if a ACL member with appropriate qualifications in the field wanted to "Peer Review" the data......I feel an Al Gore Moment coming on "Yes, the science is settled....don't question us".

20. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

i never understood the term homophobia and the context of it's use. the term phobia implies fear of something, thus afraid of homos.

people aren't afraid of them they just don't like them.

serial likes this.