Finding Absolutely the Best Bullion Coin Deals on all of eBay

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by coinanalyst, May 22, 2018.

1. coinanalyst

coinanalyst New Member

Hello Coin Buddies:

Over the last 5 months I developed an Excel Program that retrieves all the "Buy it Now" precious metal Gold, Platinum, Palladium, and Silver Bullion Coins from eBay and then present the results in a sortable table displaying the lowest priced coins based on delta over spot price. It took me hundreds of hours to develop this program.

I just recently added a feature to publish the results online which are presented in table form initially sorted on the lowest delta over spot price for comparison purposes.

Basically, what this program does is find and publish all the "Buy it Now" ads for bullion coins on eBay and then present the results in a manner that you can easily use to find the lowest price bullion coins currently on eBay.

Currently, the program is set to filter out all the numismatic coins because I just want to present the lowest priced bullion coins, the coins closest to spot price.

I plan to update the results multiple times daily when I have the time.

For example: In a recent publish today for gold coins, the lowest price gold bullion coin found on eBay based on the current Spot Price for Gold $1,319.35 is:

eBay Ad:
    eBay Product Description = SPECIAL PRICE! 1 oz Gold South African Krugerrand Random Year - SKU #85815
    Product URL = View link
    Price = $1,330.59
    Shipping = Free Shipping
    Total Price = $1,330.59
    Quantity = 1
    Price Each = $1,330.59
    Premium = $11.24
    Spot Δ 1 oz = $11.24
    Spot Δ % = 0.9%
    Weight = 1 oz
    Metal = Gold

At this time, the following categories are published:
    Gold 1 oz Coins
    Gold 1/2 oz Coins
    Gold 1/4 oz Coins
    Gold 1/10 oz Coins
    Gold 1/20 oz Coins
    Platinum 1 oz Coins
    Platinum 1/2 oz Coins
    Platinum 1/4 oz Coins
    Platinum 1/10 oz Coins
    Palladium 1 oz Coins
    Palladium 1/4 oz Coins
    Silver 1oz Coins
    Silver 1oz Coins Roll / Tube / Lot
    Silver 1oz Coins - Dealers
    Silver 1oz Maple Leaf Coins
    Silver 1oz Marvel Coins
    Silver 1oz Privy Coins

Presently my work has been slow. Therefore I need some other ways to provide income. I thought about selling the Excel program, but later decided against it. Instead I chose to make the results of my program available to the public. I recently joined eBay's Partner Network so I could add referral links to the "Buy it Now" pages on eBay.

This is no additional cost to the users / buyers, but I do get a small commission if some buys a coin.

Finding the the Best Bullion Coin Deals on eBay:
    If you like to check out the results, see the following page: http://nnexxtt.com/

Let me know what you think.

Thank for your time and I wish you the best.

2. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Will check it out, cheers

3. Jislizard

Oh dear...

First hit for 1oz silver coins is a fake.

Seller Notes: “None of the coin we sell are original. Please don't buy them as the original coin. We sell these copied coin only want to make your collections more perfect.”

pi, bordsilver and 777 like this.
  4. GF

GF Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Can’t you sort results on eBay anyway?

5. coinanalyst

coinanalyst New Member

The presentation is different from eBay in that the data is presented in a sortable table that includes a price analysis section as shown in the truncated sample image below. The price analysis columns includes the final cost, including shipping, and the amount you would pay over spot price.

The intention here is to present the lowest cost bullion coins to a buyer who is just looking for the best deals.

Additional Information
    [1] Total Price is Price + Shipping
    [2] The Quantity and Weight values are derived solely from the eBay Product Description.
    [3] Premium = The price over or under spot for the particular weight. Premium = Spot Δ 1 oz * Weight
    [4] Spot Δ 1 oz = Is the price over or under spot based on 1 ounce.
    [5] Spot Δ % = Is the price over or under spot based on 1 ounce in percentage.

The website has more information on how the data is derived and presented.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  6. Silverling

Silverling Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

All the sales are based in the USA. We are mostly based in Australia. I clicked on the 3rd item in the list which was a $5 Canada Maple Leaf and the price was $21.99 USD plus $23.57 postage which makes it in total $45.56 USD. Link here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Silver-C...=item3b0cc517b2:g:vT0AAOSw2q9a9jcn&rmvSB=true

When you convert that into Australian Dollars it = $60.26 Australian Dollars.

We can buy those coins locally here for between $23 and $26 Australian Dollars each.

The program might be advantageous to people who reside in the USA but it's not a great deal of help to people who reside elsewhere in the world.

7. coinanalyst

coinanalyst New Member

I hear you and I am sorry.
    At this time it would be extremely difficult to include all the other eBay countries. For now, I just chose eBay USA because I am American. Possibly in the future I can add other countries to mix.

777 and Jislizard like this.
  8. Silverling

Silverling Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I can see a lot of effort has gone into it and it must have taken ages to develop, thank you for your work.

paruwka and 777 like this.
  9. coinanalyst

coinanalyst New Member

You are welcome.

I started project back in January 2018 and I am still working on it today. I have put in hundreds of hours into it. I just hope it will provide some sort of improvement over the basic eBay search for finding the best "Buy It Now" deals.

Thank you.

Silverling likes this.
  10. Jislizard

Next time the Australian Dollar is at parity to the USA Dollar this will really be useful.

It happened once and I spent ages on eBay looking for the best deals and only ended up with a couple of rolls of dimes!

777 and GF like this.
  11. coinanalyst

coinanalyst New Member

I have a question for you:

I am still in the process of optimizing the site.

Some of the metal pages, especially the silver pages, contain hundred of items containing all the items found on eBay in a particular category.

Should I just truncate the results on the page to only show the top 100 lowest cost items or still publish all the items?

I do not know if the site viewers would really be interested in the coins that are high cost towards the bottom of the page when sorted by Spot Δ % in ascending order. Even though the tables are user sortable, it it really worth publishing everything?

For example, the truncated image below is from the Silver 1oz Maple Leaf Coins page, and it contains over 500 items. Should this page be be published only showing the first 100 items?

[​IMG]

12. coinanalyst

coinanalyst New Member

I have made some improvements to the home page by adding the Best Deals in Each Category (Gold, Platinum, Palladium, and Silver Bullion Coins).

The Best Deals are the coins selling closest to the metal's spot price.

http://nnexxtt.com/

13. m0xty

m0xty Member

Cant see any slabbed coin for 1/20 gold

14. coinanalyst

coinanalyst New Member

m0xty:

Slabbed coins usually cost more. I purposely removed graded coins from the listings because I am trying to present the lowed cost bullion coins, the coins with the lowest cost with respect to spot price.