Finding a claim for sale

Discussion in 'Prospecting & Detecting' started by RT, May 26, 2013.

1. RT

RT New Member

Not sure if this is the place to ask but a mate is looking for a small claim to buy. His looking for somewhere the boys can go a couple of times a year, do some camping, prospecting and have a few drinks to start with but has mentioned he would like somewhere that he could grow into a more permenant income (actually mine it I guess in the future)
    He is looking for somewhere in QLD if possable (his based in brisbane)

Where would he look to find claims that would meet this criteria?
    Or
    Where would he find just small hand (not sure if thats the right term) operated claims? I know he mentioned he had $20k for it so maybe this is all he could get.

Chances are he would never get past the drinking part to ever take it further to actually invest the money and time to bring equipment in to mine but I guess it could happen one day. :D

Is there anything around that anyone knows of or web sites he could visit to find the infomation?
    Thanks for any help

2. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What's he interested in prospecting for? You could throw a rock in the villages of Rubyvale or Sapphire in Queensland and hit the tin roof of a dozen small claims. These places can go as cheap as about 30k if you're only looking for the basics

3. RT

RT New Member

Thanks Caput,

His after gold. He had also had someone tell him you can lease/buy river cliams or something and dredge but was unsure where to find info about that either.
    Is that a department of natural resources area or just go and see land holders or you can just jump in and start pumping?

I did a bit of looking last night and found a old mine in Nanango, was the richest 1/4 mile seam in QLD at the time of mining but they wanted $250k and I guess it would be picked over pretty good by now.

4. RT

RT New Member

What about up around gympie or is that mainly underground? It used to be a big industry up there years ago from memory?

5. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

RT, are you skilled at Panning, Dredging etc?

6. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

7. RT

RT New Member

No mate, it doesnt really float my boat to much, did a bit as a kid but never really got anything.
    If my mate got into it I might go as camp bitch and keep the esky topped up or empty :D
    His keen to learn if he gets into it, though I wonder if he really has time ATM with work.
    His just one of those types who loves the outdoors, into shooting etc so I think he just wants a way to relax, be outside and possibly earn a bit of coin on the side if it come up.

8. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I reckon if you gave it another go and got a bit of shiny stuff in the bottom of your pan it would float your boat again, you'd be smashing rockbars in a creek just like a 17 year old stud would a debutant :lol:

If your mate is just after a bit of a stake in the scrub somewhere to chill out then I reckon the better/much cheaper path to follow is to find somewhere free (unclaimed like) and lodge a claim rather than buy an existing one, bit of paper work involved but the savings are in many orders of magnitude.

9. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Plenty of public fossicking areas up your way.

No point buying land for 20K and not knowing what to do; the stuff doesn't jump out of the ground into the pan aye? :p :lol:

Organize a trip away for you and your mate, consider getting someone to teach you both how to fossick; afterwards you could go to the local pub to re-assess if your mate likes or dislikes back-breaking-work.

If your mate likes it, go spend a couple of grand on fossicking gear and... head off to a public fossicking area.
    http://mines.industry.qld.gov.au/mining/fossicking-areas.htm

Fossick away for 8hours on Saturday, then 6 hours on Sunday, then drive home totally F.ed, throw the fossicking gear in the garage, close the door and let sit there for twenty years. :D :cool:

Get your mate to slap himself in the face a few times to wake-up out of his dillusional state and...immediately get him to buy 20K of silver!

Sell the fossicking gear for a capital loss! :lol: or... Hirer the gear out, to would be fosscikers..."Better option"!!!

In 12 months time, when your mate has more time, sell half your mates silver for a nice profit and organize a guided hunting trip to NZ.
    Eat venison in 5 star comfort while blondes with big boobs massage your aching back from the carry-out!
    http://www.dingleydellsafaris.com.au/game-ranch-hunts.html?gclid=CLO_ofi0zbcCFQpgpQodqgMA5w

Your Mate will think you're a hero!

Cheers

H

10. RT

RT New Member

I like your style Holdfast! :D