Financial Task Force identifies gold as a tool of crime & terrorism

Discussion in 'Gold' started by SpacePete, Feb 15, 2016.

1. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

"It then took hours for authorities in remote West Texas to find a justice of the peace, officials said Sunday. When they did, she pronounced Scalia dead of natural causes without seeing the body and decided not to order an autopsy. A second justice of the peace, who was called but couldn't get to Scalia's body in time, said she would have ordered an autopsy.As late as Sunday afternoon, there were conflicting reports about whether an autopsy would be performed, though officials later said Scalia's body was being embalmed and there would be no autopsy. One report, by WFAA-TV in Dallas, said the death certificate would show the cause of the death was a heart attack."

http://sgtreport.com/2016/02/urgent-calls-begin-demanding-scalia-autopsy/

2. systematic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xxTrJDcSBg[/youtube]

"the death certificate would show the cause of the death was a heart attack."

3. bron.suchecki

bron.suchecki Well-Known Member

Geez guys, FATF and Austrac had gold as one of their "typologies" http://www.austrac.gov.au/publicati...nd-reports/typologies-and-case-studies-report right from the get go. It is not some new bad-guy focus of theirs as part of some conspiracy to demonise gold all of a sudden.

If anything we should be using FATF statements that gold is "stable" and has "high intrinsic value" as marketing endorsement. BTW, from a money laundering point of view, Austrac and FATF concerns only apply to physical gold, not allocated account based gold where the money flows are traceable. If there is any banning of anything, it will be for physical cash and physical gold - have you not noticed they are not talking about banning electronic cash bank accounts, nor will they do so IMO to electronic gold accounts.

4. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think this is the part that concerns a lot of holders of physical metal.

5. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hurrah....That's the point! They enumerate a number of very positive attributes of gold. But then these are recast as the very things that support criminal activity. It is the attributes of (physical) gold that are cast in a negative light... those that enable transactions between citizens without the government having oversight, those that enable stability as a store of wealth outside of the control of centrl banks and government economic policy. So they demonize and criminalize those attributes by associating them with crime and terrorism, then anything, not just gold, that shares similar qualities can be cast in tne same light.

Again, that's the point. Physical cash and gold are an obstacle to total surveillance of the populace. They hinder government control.

6. systematic

There has to be more to what is considered to be a "barbarous relic" ... otherwise virtual currencies like bitcoin would be under the spot light ... "Those calling for arrests are simply agents of the Network of Global Corporate Control trying to prevent the Global Currency Reset." https://s3.amazonaws.com/khudes/Twitter12.4.15.pdf

7. SpacePete

And they certainly should be concerned. The following is about cash, but applies equally to gold:

8. systematic

Central banks stack gold ...

9. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So it is the domain of drug dealers, terrorists, and criminals.

10. systematic

exactly ...

11. FlashInThePan

FlashInThePan Member

A problem here is where people who have lawfully obtained gold - perhaps as part of an investment portfolio, or a self managed Superannuation fund, now could themselves be presumed something other than they are not.

That lawful holders have little to no representation in the governments thinking here seems rather obviously vacant.

The analysis relates equally to lawfully obtained law abiding Australian nationals, who should be the beneficiaries of any policy / law not the "unintended" target.

12. FlashInThePan

FlashInThePan Member

It also seems that the definition of "Money Laundering" could work the other way.

To clean up dirty manipulated legally obtained fiat credit into a natural form of lawful sound money thats shiney, sparkly and squeaky clean.

13. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I will start filing all the serial numbers off my gold bars so they can't be traced through the system...

14. danman49

danman49 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I like the bit where they say "convert illicit cash into a stable....." I would hate to see what price fluctuations would conform to their definition of "unstable"!!

15. FlashInThePan

FlashInThePan Member

Australia being the second largest gold producer in the world, now with this task force identification, understanding the full ramifications of supplying into the market that may benefit terrorists activities, have an obligation to shut down the supply?

16. SpacePete

Maybe they will be perfectly fine with gold being held in allocated accounts with a full audit trail, just as long as you never decide to withdraw your allocation as actual bars.

With the introduction of the Perth Mint's online depository program, there is now a government backed, easy and safe way to trade bullion. So if they do crack down on physical held by private individuals, maybe even forcing people to convert to allocated accounts under the watchful eye of the government, then it would be difficult to argue that you should be allowed to hold large quantities of physical bullion outside of the system. You can imagine the logic they'd use: "We are not stopping you from owning bullion, buy as much as you want, but why would someone want to keep actual gold outside of the official vaults if not to hide it from the government in order fund criminal and terrorist activities?"

17. SpacePete

Then they came for the gold and I did not speak out
    Because I was not a gold stacker

Then they came for our cash and I did not speak out
    Because I was in debt to the banks

Then they came for my silverand there was no one left to speak for me. :(

18. The Crow

The Crow Member Silver Stacker

And it could be subject to regular audit so that we all knew it actually existed, just like at Fort Knox .....

19. SpacePete

Actually, I just tried to sign up to the Perth Mint's depository program :) For verification they wanted to know everything about me (drivers licence details, copy of passport, copy of bank statement) so I'm sure they'd be fine with me conducting my own verification audit of their stock :lol:

20. tozak

tozak Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So what happened to the notion that if we removed all cash from society there would be no crime?

Or have they just twigged now that crime would be the same and criminals would use Gold, Silver and Bitcoin to continue their activities

Well I guess no reason to go cashless now then