Feeling the Platinum Bug?

Discussion in 'Platinum' started by heartastack, Oct 15, 2022.

1. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

In all my time stacking I've barely given Pt maybe 1% of my attention. Now I think I'm getting a bug for it, is that normal or is this vaccine related brain damage?

2. AgAuPtPd

AgAuPtPd New Member

1 oz Baird Pt bar for $1550 to satisfy the bug? Let me know.

3. Killerbala

Killerbala Active Member

Welcome to the club :)

Real $ Return likes this.
  4. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

Platinum is a long term buy/hold, look at the ratios.

5. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Its not the vaccine causing it cuz i have that bug too and im unjabbed! Might get some of that other shiny!

heartastack likes this.
  6. heartastack

This is the way.
    Let us know what you find though, your liberty coin has a face like a dropped pie.

JohnnyBravo300 likes this.
  7. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yeah maybe bars for me.

8. Krakked789

Krakked789 Well-Known Member

I snapped up a couple of ounces a few years ago @ around $1300 an ounce AUD. Very nice investment! Still feels risky, though.

9. heartastack

@Real $ Return
    I only got to 1.1oz since I started this thread. Hope I can get 2 or 3 more before everything moons

10. Real $ Return

Real $ Return Well-Known Member

While my opinion counts for lil i think its underrated/unappreciated and seems to have increasing use % wise year upon year especially with this "green energy" movement and obsession:rolleyes: but its a crazy bloody world these days and certainty of anything is hard. Only been stacking few years regretfully but love the whole aspect of the game ;) only got about 6oz in mostly fractional i think its worth the bet. I think all precious metals have room to move and hopefully moon too mate

heartastack likes this.
  11. heartastack

Agreed mate. The 1/10 Pt kooks are my favourite coin since the Ag 5oz & 10oz SII lunar tigers, followed closely by the Harringtons dragons (probably only because I paid for those into this current silver bull run, so doesn’t feel like I was ahead of the game there - on the other hand, it’s not like there was a choice, they launched into that. So they may yet claim a higher position in the hierarchy over time).

Genius move by the Perth Mint to release something that is simple, accessible and yet unique (1/10 oz platinum, bullion, not fluffed up with CoA’s and clam shells), beautiful designs (unlike almost anything Pt I’ve seen) and minted @ a qty that will keep them interesting long-term (14k-15k x3 years, mirroring the Ag design and back-to-back annual releases: 2021,22,23, end.). It’s really only since the late 1980’s koalas that the PM released a short series of BU 1/10th Pt. But with those, they were too frequently bundled up as Au/Ag/Pt sets with awful 1/25oz gold coins from back then.
    14k @ 1/10th means only 1.4K oz Pt total. Fuck-all compared to lunar Ag (300k oz for 1oz coin - always sold out since SII), but enough out there to create liquidity. AND… easily tradable up to a Pt 10-bagger move would be my guess.

You would think it’s in the best interest of the industrial users to stick with Pd to reduce speculative price volatility, and with Pt perceived as an absurdly premium tier of monetary metal will surely be worth more than all the Pd required for the automotive industry (Pd is also roughly 3x more abundant than Pt in the Earths crust, making it better for a ‘consuming but recoverable’ industrial application). So those particular investment avenues (PM’s) should get back in their own lanes and stop pretending they’re the same.

To me a Pd coin or bar is like buying a watch branded ‘Ferrari’. Some kind of a novelty but not at all within the brand’s scope of key competencies and product value offering.

Platinum shouldn’t go back into low-tech industry applications, but hey, if it does, it will reach unsustainable heights, likely at the cost of (state) strategic outcomes. Nirvana would be reclassification to a strategic metal reserving a majority allocation for labs, especially those of national security significance, and who demand the optimal chemical catalyst to be available all year around at a stable price (institutional labs are much more vulnerable to grant funding and related budgets). Blocking the car industry from cornering the market. The other large portion should be allocated to coins and bars so that the monetary value can be quicker discovered.

The ‘Industry’ chapter of this article summarises it pretty well. Keep platinum accessible to high-end applications like medical, and fortify its reputation as the king of the PM’s.

https://platinuminvestment.com/about/demand-drivers#indus

Last edited: May 18, 2024
  12. Real $ Return

1/10 kooks are my favourite too the Koalas are pretty basic and even tho the liberty coin has a flat pie like face i like the eagle on the back and design over our aussie bears;) Have a palladium coin for novelty aspect and can agree with what u say here...Really good summary and overview, i think the small group of us with plat in the stack will be happy we "diversified" within the metals market, and at the worst its part of a fun hobby to stack and collect :)

bsides and heartastack like this.
  13. heartastack

I was shitfaced, wouldn’t take much of what I said there seriously especially the part where government declares martial law on Pt haha.. cheers bruv.

14. Real $ Return

Haha least you were coherent enough to put out thoughts and spell properly so props on that bro...and you never know maybe plat spreads disease and is unsanitary,etc like cash :eek: enough propaganda spread and anythings possible these days