Fake/Copy/Clad ingots - Does anyone collect these?

Discussion in 'Fakes & Counterfeits' started by ContingentWorker, May 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ContingentWorker

ContingentWorker New Member

Hello. I recently bought a few boxes of household miscellany at auction and amongst the coins and token were five ingots each in its own capsule.
    After some Googling I am 100% certain all five are counterfeit and therefore only good for props or anyone who might collect these types of things.
    Due to eBay's selling laws, I am unable to list replica/counterfeit items (even if I state throughout the listing that the items are copies/clad/counterfeit etc).
    I am wondering if anyone collects these or are they destined to remain in my desk drawer for years to come?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      350.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      404.2 KB
      Views:
  2. GoldenEye

GoldenEye Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

When you see "German Gold", "MIL" or "Plated", as I can see on some yours they're definitely fake.

Don't try to buy or sell anything fake on this site or there will be serious trouble.

They're not entirely useless. Why don't you use these fakes for testing so you can develop your own ways to determine how to identify a fake. There's some simple and easy tests you can do that'll pick up maybe 95% of fakes out there.

3. ContingentWorker

ContingentWorker New Member

Thanks GoldenEye for the feedback. I'll pop them in the bottom drawer for now.