Explosions reported at Boston marathon finished line

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Roswell Crash Survivor, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

Read between the lines. The question I answered is bolded above. When I said "their" I was meaning Muslim. America has made many an enemy of many a muslim and they have shown that some of them are willing to fight for other muslims in other countries even though their own country is sympathetic to America. One of the most dangerous insurgents in the post war fighting phase of the Iraq war was a Jordanian and we all know the Saudi links with 9/11.

2. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

I was being sarcastic. In reality the US supports all the sunni muslim countries at the expense of the indigenous Christians or whoever lived somewhere until the sunni Arabs invaded a thousand years ago and have managed to survive living under them. Eg Across North Africa, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia.

The exception being Iraq where friendly shia muslims have been promoted to leadership/government despite the Iranians being shi'ite just over the border.

The US is playing a fine game, in supporting Israel on one hand and providing support to sunni nations from the other hand. The sunnis get more than arms - aid, peace corp, diplomatic support, preferential immigration, visas, terms of trade.

Mentioning the individuals like al-Zarqawi and bin Laden proves nothing to me. But it is ironic that these people are from nations the US supports that as individuals rage against the hand that feeds their nations.

3. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

Yes it's good to be Sunni unless you are Sunni that happens to live in an area that Israel wants to steal from you.

But it should be clarified that it wasn't like the Sunni's invaded these areas. The Arabs that live in these areas were all there well before the Prophet Muhummad (PBUH) spawned the existence of Islam. Before that the Arabs were simply Christians mostly.

Edit: Oh and BTW mentioning those Muslims as perfect examples was purely in response to the question posed. I didn't get your sarcasm first go around. It was simply pointing out the obvious as to why an individual would automatically perceive a certain group as the perpetrators to a mass casualty terrorist attack/criminal mass murder on the US. I'm not condoning the prejudge of thought, just merely stating a fact.

4. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

No, not true. There were no Arabs in North Africa living amongst the Berber until they spread out of Egypt - the Berber I met in Morocco feel closer to the Basque than the arabs. There were no Arabs living in Egypt until political disputes amongst the two Christian factions led them to bring in 'neutral' Arab mediators, who promptly took over and encouraged fellow Arabs to move to Egypt. Remember the hierogyphs were not deciphered until the British considered using the language of the oppressed Copts as a starting point - trying to use arabic to make sense of hieroglyphs was impossible as it is not the native language of Egypt and was not present even as a proto language in classical Ancient Egypt. Same thing for the Assyrians, Samaritans, Chaldeans, Menoites and a dozen other disappeared middle eastern tribes that the Arabs have conquered, enslaved and absorbed into their own population since the first Arab jihad armies spread out from far away Medina.

Anyone who disputes this must read the excellent resource text: "The Decline of Eastern Christianity: From Jihad to Dhimmitude" by Bat Ye'or. Some of the same material is also covered in "The Legacy of Jihad" by Andrew Bostom which is also a beautifully presented book.

5. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

Having studied a certain subject for about 12 years I do have more than a casual knowledge on the subject. Have you.

Having attended multiple talks and the largest conference ever held in Australia { a very interesting 3 day event} where I was able to listen first hand to the real opinions of those around me { who took me to be one of their own}. Were you there?

and you will be following your own advice when....

6. Emanance

Emanance New Member

The titles of both these books sound like they would give a truly accurate, unbiased account of history throughout the region, giving a fair and honest consideration of all Christian, Jewish & Islamic faiths... :lol:

7. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

Bat Ye'or is Jewish. She has no vested interest in glorifying Christianity. But don't go and read the books before you dismiss them. Being introduced to new sources of knowledge might change your opinions and we can't have that.

8. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

Have you seen the documentary she appeared in recently, with Robert Spencer Daniel Pipes, Steve Emerson, Alan Dershowitz, a former PLO terrorist, and a former Hitler Youth Commander.? Absolutely brilliant!

9. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

I'm afraid I haven't. Can you remember the name of the doco, sounds like a good list of speakers.

10. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

11. Boyo

Boyo Active Member Silver Stacker

This seems to me to be a perfect example of the "Cult of celebrity" ..which is so prevalent today,especially among the Twitter/Facebook set.
    Young girls who form opinions based solely on how attractive they perceive (in this case) the alleged bomber to be.

"Poor Jahar..he's only 19..ONLY 19 ..No -one deserves to be in a 10x10 ...No one."

You do if you are responsible for the deaths and maiming of innocent people. He must have his day in court and justice seen to be done. The twitter gen will find a new face to waffle over.

12. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

13. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member