Euro still powering up against US$... Defying gravity... Maybe...

Discussion in 'Currencies' started by VRS, Sep 14, 2012.

1. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm astonished that the pullback never came... Well, less so after QE v.376 was announced...

Thru 1.2650, 1.27, 1.28, 1.29 and now 1.30 - heading up to 1.31 I expect...

Perfect storm for a smashdown of the US$... and debut of the Yuan as Global reserve currency concept saviour if ever I saw one...

2. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

ECB is not printing and has not been for a while now. This high Euro is not welcome though... time to push one of the piigs closer to the edge. wobble wobble

3. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I SL'd out on 2 eurusd longs last night - by 4 pips-ish - they were only for $50 each - so I got a bit pi$$ed off and turned off my puter.

I'd forgotten that the one highly leveraged $20 trade with a slightly lower SL - well, I knew, but i just blanked it - was still active.

So I went away, popped an oxycontin (just had knee surgery) and played a few games on my iPad...

i thought I'd check on eurusd before I went to bed around midnight... and lo & behold... the Euro had gone ballistic again.

One earlier trade set to TP sailed thru 1.3020 and closed itself at a respectable profit, all good - but the one I'd totally forgotten about... went up to 1.3120!

Result - $178 profit (effectively 187.5% because it was $20 @ 400% leverage)

That's NOT how to do forex lol!

;)

ps - If you believe that the ECB isn't receiving the same USD liquidity (as the US is) directly from the US Fed then I'll have some of what you're smokin' - money printing doesn't have to be in Euros... that was one of the under-the-counter demands that Merkel insisted upon for Germany to remain in the ESM.