ethereum

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by dozerz, Feb 10, 2016.

1. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

anyone bought recently?

looks like the boat has been missed according to the graph, has doubled from $2.30 to over $4 in the past week.
    [​IMG]

2. carlovito

carlovito New Member

hype, those are not presale coins on the market, ive been trading it, ther is about 500,000 ETH coins on a single Exchange, someone owns all those coins and is pumping it up by putting up fake BUY and SELL walls . its market manipulation at its finest. Ethereum gets officially launched in March, and the presale coins sold account for around 60 000 000 will be avail after march and you do know what would usually happen when that many coins hit an exchange =D its all BS at this moment.

3. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Which exchange would you use to buy ETH?

I put some BTC on Cryptsy and saw it disappear... :(

4. dozerz

chart is from kraken, its a good exchange to get started, you can also try poloniex.

as for ethereum launch, the genesis block was created back in june 2015 so its all live. the first da apps have begun to appear and the mist browser is being used.

5. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That's an interesting theory. But for those with some ethereum coins they can probably cash in when they still can.

6. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

7. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hah this just the start for ETH, it is not even a tenth of BTC's value yet and will no doubt overtake it in good time. Once the bank's endorse the blockchain method ETH'Contracts will lead the way. ETH is the natural evolution of BTC. This will become a paradigm shift.

8. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Well-Known Member

Didn't the banks patent their own Blockchain technology which will undoubtedly include all the best features of the current crypto's plus more?

It will probably become illegal to own any non bank endorsed crypto one the laws go through?

9. tozak

tozak Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

yeah, yeah, yeah this ones different because.... yeah, yeah, yeah it will overtake Bitcoin...... yeah, yeah, yeah to da moon with this one......

Lets check back in 12 months

10. scrooged

scrooged New Member

Possibly wouldn't hurt to dip a toe?

11. tozak

Dunno if I have any toes left to wet between what I already have;

Bitcoin, Litecoin, Doge, Dash, Clam, Peer, Radium, Shadow, Quark, Reddcoin, Namecoin, BitcoinDark, Blackcoin, 1ex, Primecoin, Hyperstake, Gamecredits, Nubits, Rubycoin, Ripple*, Magi, ARCHcoin, Earthcoin, Counterparty

*(oh yeah Ripple was supposed to be the mainstream to da moon coin)

and still waiting on Dark Clam and Micro Cash to come online

Actually been ditching coins atm, i.e. Feather and Mint

12. southerncross

Get back to me when you find another that has the unique qualities and the current resources that Eth has behind them, if you haven't realized that yet you are way behind the game.
    Your current list of comparison's above sort of shows that already. XRP was pre mined BTW.

13. southerncross

Is BTC legal or endorsed by the banks yet ?

14. tozak

Eth seems to me as unique as zombo.com and looks as revolutionary as Auroracoin was, I'll wait until the pump and dump is over, check back later on in the year.

I never said Ripple was not premined I was saying it was the mainstream coin of choice for a while, a centralized coin for the purposes of adoption by the banks that was going to take it sky high. Crapsy never helped it by making it a trading pair then going bust.

I hold many different coins for different reasons, mainly trading however 99% of my total value is in BTC and LTC atm, I had a lot in DOGE but cashed them out at 114 sats last month. Show me something as safe as BTC and LTC that's not a pump and dump coin?

15. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Well-Known Member

You just answered my questions with more questions.

No, it's not illegal to own Bitccoin. Yet. Could this change once the bank patent passes?

And I did n read somewhere that many banks are now closing accounts of businesses or companies that deal in Crypto currencies. That cant be a good thing.

I was asking for further information, not attacking you...

16. southerncross

The bank's are already testing their own blockchains but for me that is as a result of them recognising the way of the future rather than as a form of customer service, IE for profit. The etherium platform is not only for financial transactions and will be outside the control of the banks. All types of contracts can be built into the platform , it is not just a crypto coin.

http://forum.ethereum.org/index.php?p=/

17. dozerz

slightly off topic here but the new blockchain you are talking about is not just for banks, its also being created with the linux project and is open source https://www.hyperledger.org/

ethereum back at $5.71 usd, ready to break six bux and could be a leg up to double figures.

18. southerncross

Etherium could be used for everything, from a last will and testament by an individual, to a contract to provide a certain service at X price by X time on a new building project, A prenup to a house purchase, any sort of provided service. Finances can be included or excluded within the particular contract or frozen dependent upon certain milestones being met.

Just imagine an agreement being made between an individual and a corporation in which the outcome determines the corporation being paid, IE no deadline met, no payment made, Funds are not released until the service has been provided via the contract and verified via the blockchain. You can even stagger the contract with funds released as the project or service provided meets certain milestones or outcomes with verification independent of either party.

Imagine a business that can streamline both sales and supply via a blockchain, by being able to source and restock products as they are sold seamlessly, no ordering need take place as the product is automatically replaced as it go's over the counter. The transaction automatically records the sale, re-orders the product and ensures a replacement is available and arrives in good time , the transaction incurs no extra charge for your business and needs no individual to take note of the sale and then re-order the replacement product. It all just happens as a matter of course.

And it all just happens without the need for your bank account to charge you a fee for taking care of the transaction on both the buyer and sellers end, the transporter, the accountant, the staff member all extra charge's become redundant as it is all taken care of with a private blockchain contract.

Bank's fear this sort of outcome, hence the interest they now show in creating their own blockchain environments, Lawyers also fear this as they will become redundant if people can exclude them from dwelling in the shadows of personal and business contracts ( who needs a lawyer when a contract is either met or not right ?) Businesses can save themselves a fortune and pass on the savings to customers via lower prices, Bank and transaction fees via intermediaries can and do add up to a substantial amount in both online and brick and mortar business sales, if a business can eliminate these cost's via an instant, safe blockchain alternative and accounting is automated then why wouldn't they ?

BTC was the Ford every-man's car, ETH is like the Lamborghini , Go check it out, I have been following the evolution since a member here alerted me to it a few years ago, it is not just a crypto coin, it is a Paradigm shift. The people behind it are the absolute duck's nut's of this crypto phenomenon and have ensured that things not be rushed just to please a particular market, they could of just put it out there a couple of years ago if it was just for a profit motive and made millions but didn't. The Bank's are followers, not leader's.

19. Porcello

Porcello New Member

"Private blockchain = Oracle installation"
    Gavin Andresen

20. dozerz

https://slock.it/ just won the 4yfn awards, worlds largest startup competition. you can get into their crowdsale soon by using ethereum.