EOI: Type 1 50 oz PM with provenance

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by Shlomo Goldberg, Dec 21, 2022.

1. Shlomo Goldberg

Shlomo Goldberg Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

EOI for a non- stacker friend. 50 oz vintage Perth Mint bar.This bar is for sale.
    It appears to be a series/type 1 bar going by my interpretation from Allengelhard & stand to be corrected on that point.
    *allengelhard is the authority on vintage bars & report less than 500 poured @ 48 years ago.
    Remarkable provenance compliments this vintage bar. Please PM with your offers. 501.jpg 502.jpg 503.jpg 504.jpg 505.jpg 506.jpg 507.jpg
    From ALLENGELHARD:
    50oz [THE PERTH MINT] [Perth Mint Swan Logo] [CYGNIS INSIGNIS Banner] [THE PERTH MINT] [WESTERN AUSTRALIA] [Weight Designation] [999] [Serial Number] 1st series 50oz ingot produced by Perth Mint. These were produced in odd weight class such as 50.47oz and 50.60oz and demonstrate a circular ‘OZS’ border. 78
    2063 <500
    *NB: Early rounded OZS stamping not to be confused with the later squared OZS stamp.
    *Below image from allengelhard.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
  2. dollars

dollars Active Member Silver Stacker

Can you tell your friend that Alan Greenspan and numerous other central Bankers consider this a barbaric relic and almost worthless!, I can do him a favour and take it off his hands for what he paid for it $247.50.

Now back to reality. I have a similar uneven oz vintage one however the serial number is in the low three thousand. So possibly more of these minted.

Great provenance.

Cheer$