EOI- Pooled buying kangaroos from Perth Mint

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by SilverMatt, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You didnt grow up in the areas I grew up in @KangaBanga if you're only worried about the govt knowing what you got

2. KangaBanga

KangaBanga Active Member

nah i am not worried about the gov knowing what I got as I buy all my stuff with registered online accounts from dealer and perth mints, often above $5k amounts and also report income from bullion sales in my tax returns (it helps when you can claim that 10% GST back on some Proof sets and also from GST on shipping/mailing costs)

Obviously if you are from a lower socioeconomic area where theres lotsa bogans/bikeys/crime etc.. then u would be better vaulting all your stuff.

3. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It was said tongue in cheek @KangaBanga , I dont think it matters what area you are in...its the "less people know the better" deal...after all the best way to keep a secret between me and you is for me to bury you. ;)

Boyscout likes this.
  4. Grizzly

Grizzly Active Member

I'm also in Perth and last time I went to the Perth Mint, which was a couple of months ago now, they had bugger all available to buy. There is also some different between www.perthmint.com and www.perthmintbullion.com which I never quite worked out. I phone up one day to see if they had any stock I could walk in and buy, and when they realised I wanted to walk in, the guy on the phone said "oh, that is a different place" and it got all confusing with minimal stock so I put it in the too hard basket.

I was tempted to try to arrange a group buy with the person selling monster boxes of PAMPs here in Perth, but I'm closer to being a seller than a buyer at the moment and it was just too much of other people's money to handle for what I wanted to keep for my own stack.

5. KangaBanga

KangaBanga Active Member

Theres actually multiple sections selling bullion @ PM. They are all separate and each have their own inventory and sales crew

1) Perth Mint Shop - Shop sales occur here.
    2) Perth Mint Online store at perthmint.com ( you can create a online account to buy without ID verification.)
    3) Perth Mint Bullion at perthmintbullion.com( you can create a online account to buy and needs ID verification.)
    4) Perth Mint Refinery - Wholesales to approved distributors (U need to have a bullion business doing 1millionsales to be able to be considered to apply to get approved) This is also the channel which wholesalers/dealers buy from with at a nice discount and hence you would have noticed some dealers are able to sell perth mint new bullion coins at lower prices than perth mints own perthmintbullion.com Any cancelled orders from PM refinery will get redirected to perthmintbullion. Also during covid shutdown of the shop, a lot of inventory was moved to perthmintbullion to sell.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    Steveno, Stoic Phoenix and Grizzly like this.
  6. Grizzly

Grizzly Active Member

Thank you! I knew somebody would know.

7. SilverMatt

SilverMatt Active Member

Thanks to everyone who has replied to this thread- I have spoken to Perth Mint and they said that they are only producing 1kg bars and the 1oz Kangaroos at the moment and had not produced anything else for a long time and there is no end in sight for the shortages either- so I might just go for the 100 kangaroos and not bother trying to get another 150 to get the 30c price break. Would be nice to have a guy over there for pick and postage but I don't know anyone over there. If there are any locals that would be prepared to help out- drop me a line if you feel inclined.
    Cheers all.