=[EOI] Group PCGS grading

Discussion in 'Numismatics' started by Lunarowl, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Lunarowl

Lunarowl Active Member Silver Stacker

Sorry guys.. we didn't meet the quota, so i'll put this off for the time.
    Thanks again for all the interests, maybe next time :)

2. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

When silver is high I tend to want to invest in other things... so maybe when silver is @ $75 I would put up some lunars. ATM though it is Phys all the way

3. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

Rip off.

As I said a few times people; start your own grading group. Not difficult. Fk me.

If someone else can do it then you can also do it. Everyone starts somewhere.

4. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Not sure i would, although your florin is definitley worthy the buyer may have a foys bag or building a ms set (for a folder), USA has a different grading system and staunch Antipodeans and Brits POO POO the USA grading system and lack of commonwealth coin knowledge...

Think very carefully before you drop extra cash on that (unless its just to keep and maintain a protected MS coin which yours is). You may find you are actually reducing your potential buyers for reasons stated above.

I believe the whole american grading system is BS, i have 20 years dealing with graded cards and only americans over time fork out and usually you get diminished returns or dont get your original spend back.. as america drove off a cliff in 2008 id say its only a matter of time before graded coins and all graded stuff takes a mad nose dive.

China stuff may be the exception due to the feeling that authenticity is crucial (given the perception of rampant fakes in the market).

At $25 (for a coin worth under $300) -- (Your florin has to be $350-$425) id say you are wasting your time..

LAST POINT- Why not just send as a group direct and starve the middleman of there cut (down with the middleman).

1for1

5. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

Good idea. No question there are plenty of trusted souls in SS worthy of being a logistic officer.