Environmental alarmism

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by southerncross, Oct 15, 2013.

1. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Some of the fires around this area have got out of control from back burning operations...

Not much MSM REPORTING ON these fires...

I am not saying that the local fire fighters don't do a good job but rather there is a time to do such back burning especially on days with no wind.

Seems like BUSHFIRES will be a problem now from October to March.

Regards Errol 43

2. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Damn that Tony Abbott is there nothing he won't stoop to ?

http://www.theage.com.au/environmen...dest-october-morning-ever-20131018-2vrd7.html

3. col0016

col0016 Active Member

Another example of why the lingo was changed from "global warming" to "climate change". Temperature goes up, climate change. Temperature goes down, climate change. Drought, climate change. Floods, climate change.
    It can be used to describe any change from your standard 18 degree sunny day and terrify people into submission :)

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I think a breathing tax is in order. Our breath is a shameful, dangerous thing, it's contributing to global warming.

To save the polar bears I think nobody should have warm water in their house, how can you consciously take a warm shower and be ok with the fact that your killing baby polar bears because of it.

YOU and your family are like a cancer on the Earth. Feel bad for being alive dirty, destructive humans, it is you who is to blame and has to pay for the cyclical warming and cooling of the Earth that has occurred naturally for millions of years.

;)

5. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

breathing tax = gst,tariffs,levies & every other tax i pay everyday im breathing until i croak it .

6. southerncross

50 million climate refugees by 2010 2020 .

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/22/environmental-refugees-50_n_826488.html

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/04/...fugees-then-botches-the-disappearing-attempt/

1 down 49,000,000 to go huh ?

http://www.independent.co.uk/enviro...-as-worlds-first-climate-refugee-8852083.html

7. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Isn't it funny......The silver price has taken a tumble and has been tracking down for a few years but we are all soooooo sure that the bottom is around the corner and away it will go again.
    But when it comes to climate change and global temps, we look at the last few years and say....look, there is no climate change, temps are coming down.
    Both are cycles and subject to the same non-linear changes within a general trend.

8. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

If indeed the sea levels are on the rise, the first place to experience these rises will be the islands and land closest to the equator.

Why? Well it seems that as water heats, it expands, and as the water near the equator is the hottest, it will expand the most.

It has also has to be noted that some land is constantly rising by small amounts each year as it is pushed up from deep below.

Tide marks that were originally marked in Sydney Cove show that tides around 1795 were in fact lower than they would be today. Maybe the Australian land mass is rising?

These Pacific Islands plus the Maldives look like a case of either,
    1. The Oceans are rising
    2. The Islands themselves are falling below the waves.

Either way the situation is real . Now all we have to determine is which one is true.

Regards Errol 43

9. boston

boston Active Member Silver Stacker

Read awhile ago, that the sea levels in the Maldives have dropped 50 cm in the last 30 years. If I find the article, I will post it.

10. Stick Framer

Stick Framer New Member

If back burning had been continued every year instead of being done in the middle of a large fire to put in control line maybe they would be more success

I remember when I was 5 back burning was an every year event, now we need the leaf litter to build up because that's how nature intended it?

Why did the locals (before the first fleet had arrived) have managed back burning?

Maybe we could have learnt more from them than listening to some feel good city slickers, Just my opinion.

11. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You are blaming the weather on a politician? Have you been drinking again? Seriously, that is the most retarded post I have ever seen here.

12. col0016

col0016 Active Member

I find that highly unlikely unless there was like a massive earthquake...

13. boston

boston Active Member Silver Stacker

Not the article I was looking for, and possibly as dubious as other pro/anti viewpoints. Nevertheless interesting.

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/images/stories/papers/reprint/sea_level_not_rising.pdf

And another from that bastion of truth,'The Telegraph'.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/...sea-levels-is-the-greatest-lie-ever-told.html

14. col0016

col0016 Active Member

Thanks for the links.
    But according to your article the sea levels in the Maldives dropped 20cm in the 70s, not dropped 50cm in the last 30 years (just for next time lol).

15. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

The sea levels have been rising for at least the last 10000 years, but that is an inconvenient truth for Enron/Goldman Sachs loving, I invented the internet Al Gore.

16. ShinyStuff

ShinyStuff New Member

60 minutes did a story on the maldives a couple of years ago and how much sand has been lost etc etc. it showed the reporter (who had honeymooned there decades before) in the water up to her armpits to illustrate where the high tide mark was when she was last there... I remember being shocked by it!!

Not saying chimate change is real, just that that is one place where things are changing.

Shiny

17. Shaddam IV

The ocean doesn't rise in one place only. Coastal erosion and subsidence due to excessive pumping of the water table have been falsely blamed for the subsidence of several inhabited small islands. Alarmists overlook that particular science, because they use the word "science" as a substitute for "agenda".

18. southerncross

http://buythetruth.wordpress.com/2008/11/15/sea-level-scam/

19. Shaddam IV

Sea level rising .9 cm per year? Wow, another government blatantly lying to people in order to fleece them. Myybe Hennypenny should send all his/her money to the president to help those poor souls....

20. southerncross

No it's actually dropping that level per year in that area of the Ocean.