Energy stock recommendations?

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by intelligencer, Mar 15, 2011.

1. intelligencer

intelligencer Active Member

Anyone have any oil, gas, or other energy stocks they can suggest which are on sale atm?

2. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Hawkley have a look do your own research, I dont own but would if I had capital.

3. tthace

tthace New Member

I own ADE. Shale gas play. Safer shale play probably BPT but i chose ADE because of the smaller cap.

They have 10% stake in one of BPT big shale projects which imo will be big as mud tests and preliminary testing of cores have shown to be as good if not better than the shales in USA. If the core tests are as expected... they expect BPT to almost double in value. I think ADE will benefit more ( i think $1.50? as each acre of shale is valued at 10k, u do the math)

I think Shale is much better than coal seam gas.. which will face strong opposition in Australia (NSW has proposed to ban the method in certain areas)
    Japan has 11 nuclear reactors down and is importing gas to meet shortages... Gas are up during the Tsunami crisis while oil falls
    Germany has shut its reactors down as well as europe reviews their nuclear policies
    BHP billiton bought 4.75 billion of a US shale play recently after their failed Potash bid so they see potential in this industry

Read up the disadvantages of shale gas. It pollutes water but its sooo far down the ground. Farmers using bore water might complain but at least its easier compensating them then oil spills, mining and nuclear fallouts.
    [​IMG]
    Source:

End of the day do your own research.

4. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have both Oil and Gas...but my medical problems are of no concern here...

There was a guy from Linc Energy recently on the TV driving his VW Golf from Qld to WA fuelled on Diesel produced from his coal seam gas project. Apparently he can make it for 20c L before taxes and excise and can also make a wide range of Jet fuels, petrols and ethers

Looks pretty sexy ....

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...ces-cheap-diesel/story-e6frg8zx-1226016134384

5. MelbBrad

MelbBrad New Member

Oil Basins Ltd. $0.028 currently.
    Several exciting discoveries in northern Australia. Especially interested are several Chinese and Canadian companies.
    Ummm....Allegedly.

Disclaimer: I own.