Electonic currencies, why they won't work

Discussion in 'Currencies' started by Jislizard, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

http://blogs.forbes.com/insertcoin/...soners-forced-to-farm-world-of-warcraft-gold/

Ok, I needed to catch your attention but I couldn't think of a catchy title.

Anyway, online gamers need online money to buy online things but you can also buy online money in the real world by exchanging it for fiat money. This is frowned upon by the games makers but where there is money there is a way.

I had heard about online workers who made money by accumulating gold and then selling it but this article points to enforced labour to achieve the same ends. (the picture looks to be the same one that was used in an article on the normal gamers and not a prison full of e-slaves.)

I do not fully understand Bitcoin so I have no idea if it is something like this but the message is clear...

no matter how hard you work you will never work as hard as a prison full of chinese slaves

2. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

Hopefully they at least use creative names like "prison_break2012", "jailbird_in_chains" and "inmate9343002".