ebay

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by renovator, Nov 22, 2015.

1. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

ok i have a few questions about the ebay bidding process .I have bought a few things always the buy it now because i cbf watching , waiting or bidding I have never bid on an auction before .
    Now theres something i want & the seller doesnt want to sell it for a bin price . I made a bid & it doesnt show the actual price i bid . I think ? it only went up a dollar . . How do you know what the other bids are ? or you dont ?. Do you just put your best bid in & hope for the best ? does the buyer see the actual bids ?. I have no clue i thought if you bid your bid would show .

It says im the highest bidder . But i think its still cheap & want the item . Do i just bid what im prepared to pay & let it run ? & hope someone doesnt snipe me ?. Seems dumb not showing the actual bid on the page

2. Johnnhoj

Johnnhoj Member Silver Stacker

Yeah mate, you just put in your highest bid you are prepared to pay. EBay will automatically bid for you up to your highest bid. So for example if the current bid on something is say $10 and you input your highest bid as $30 it will only show that you have bid $11 then when someone else bids higher eBay will keep upping your bid till you have reached your maximum bid.
    Hope this is helpful
    Good luck

3. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

ah ok got it. cheers guys