Ease of Sale

Discussion in 'Gold' started by zargor, Oct 4, 2012.

1. zargor

zargor Member

Hi All

If you wanted to sell your stack to a dealer, what's generally the process?

Is it as simple as taking your stack to them, saying you want to sell and they pay you then and there? What forms would you generally have to fill out?

I've read on one dealer's site that they can arrange pick-up of your stack and provide a quote over the phone but only pay into a bank account when the metal is in their custody, which concerns me if the stack is being delivered and I'm not there.

Cheers

Zargor :)

2. Aurora et luna

Aurora et luna Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Selling bullion is pretty straightforward if you are dealing with my regular bullion dealer.
    You bring the bars to his premises and after he checks it out, he will offer you 98% of spot.
    If you are happy with the offer, you sign a release for the bullion and he then takes a copy of your drivers licence as well as your bank account details.
    You are out of there in 10 minutes and the money is in your account the next day.
    I am sure arranged pickup is safe, just can't see the need for it for anyone living in any of the capital cities.
    It must suck being a stacker in Woop Woop. :(

3. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Yes you walk in, show stuff, get an offer, accept offer, get paid in cash (if not too large amount).
    No forms but you do have to provide ID (license) for purposes of 2nd hand dealer's act - and it is recorded.

The main variation between dealers is how much they will pay.
    Make sure you know your prices and shop around.
    I usually can get spot when selling anything pure.