Earning interest on crypto deposits

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by mmm....shiney!, May 31, 2019.

1. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Have you considered POS (Proof of Stake) coins?

There's not much risk because you always hold the private keys.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And of course there’s coins like NEO who offer GAS to holders.

3. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Nexo does this and pays interest for staking their coin (last two payouts worked out to just over 12% p.a)

precious roar likes this.
  4. ThisIsJoe

ThisIsJoe Active Member Silver Stacker

Celsius Network is similar to Nexo, but Nexo currently only allows stable coins while Celsius allows a bunch of major cryptos. Good %'s PA. You can either earn in-kind (deposit BTC, receive BTC) or you can earn in their crypto CEL (better rates for this). They also have the cheapest crypto backed loans.

The Cloud Token wallet is very also good. 6-12% per month or double that depending on how much you put in.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  5. mmm....shiney!

Native tokens of the various investing/lending platforms available by market cap/24h trading volume (USD), please add to the list. These tokens offer high % returns to depositors, interest is either simple or compounding, and they have varying calculation periods which does make a difference. DYOD, the lower the 24h volume the more susceptible the token is to moves by large stakeholders.

CRO $363,379,961.00 $11,958,459.00
    NEXO $48,253,047.00 $7,914,141.00
    CEL $17,808,305.00 $16,036.17
    AMN $608,291.00 $522.99

6. mmm....shiney!

7. Simeon

Simeon Member Silver Stacker

This is a good resource for decentralized (blockchain based) lending services.

https://defipulse.com/defi-lending
    Or
    https://defipulse.com/income
    Or
    https://loanscan.io/

compound.finance is the largest one - but there are others. I guess the benefit is that it's transparent the contracts are all readable.

I notice there is also idle.finance which automatically swaps between fulcrum and compound to make sure you have the highest rates. Once again all smart contract based and auditable.

Interest rates seem to be all depressed, returning 5% annualized. A month ago it was around the 10% and I've seen it as high as 15%. Total amount borrowed has been going up so I guess there's just a flood of people trying to gain a bit of interest.

I use compound. I'm looking at switching to idle to try and take advantages of the fact that fulcrum is giving 50% more interest. Just holding off for a little while in case a bug turns up.

I do like the fact that your investment is represented by its own token, for example cDAI, and is tradeable.

In terms of staking there is also synthetix.io. You get a cut of the trading fees and also extra tokens as a return, however the latter is locked for 12 months. Fees give you are about 6%. The extra tokens are a lot lot higher and act as an inflationary measure. This is much higher risk than compound and much more technically difficult. For example - at the moment demand is keeping token prices stable/increasing despite the fact that there is an inflationary measure which I suspect is driven by the fact that you are locked for 12 months. I do have a portion of my portfolio in this, but I won't be allocating a significant proportion. I also maintain a float of their silver and gold stablecoin.

Revils likes this.