e-superfund identification required

Discussion in 'Superannuation' started by hazy, Apr 11, 2011.

1. hazy

hazy Active Member

Hi guys with e-superfund. I'm joining up with them and just wondering what identification I have to send. Is it just two certified copies of driver's license per trustee? The package I was sent implies that but it wasn't spelled out.
    I know I could call them but if someone has actually been through the process I trust the result more.

2. bbobkins

bbobkins New Member

I believe they need certified copies of passport/drivers license. I had no trouble with esuper.. however...

When I went to cash out my super from MLC, they declined my copy of the certified drivers license citing it was not dated. The delay cost me about $4 an ounce! bastards! MLC also decided to take a bunch of money in fees as well as TAX! BASTARDS!

I'm so glad to be "out of the system". I more than made up the money the took in a few weeks! And now I have also probably made up for the money I lost during the GFC 1.0.

I don't know any better way to send a big "fyou" to the system than cashing out my super into "physical" silver!! :)

Good luck!!! And double check the copies you get certified.

Oh BTW...

Apparently your "Self Managed Super fund" is also a threat the the economy! Well I know who the financial terrorists are and its not us!

http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/business/items/201104/s3192002.htm

3. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

While you are getting 2 JP-certified copies of passport and drivers license for each trustee (one for anz, one for commsec), get a few extra copies made while you are there. Can't hurt.

4. aleks

aleks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Also while you are there get at least three (I have used about five so far) certified copies of:

Divers Licence and passport
    Minutes of meeting
    The parts you signed in the deed (you agree to be a trustee and have not been convicted of blah bla)

Once your fund is set up will get a whole heap of paper work back get certified copies of:
    Register of ABN certificate from ATO
    Certificate of compliance (The make do one)

When you want to create an account with a bullion dealer or roll over existing fund you will need to submit the above paper work. Strictly speaking you might not need everything listed above depends on the bullion dealer or fund.

5. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Idiots.

Andrew Robertson needs to do his homework before sprouting tripe, not that many journalists do their homework any more. The SMSF market share "comprises 2.5 per cent of the 32 million member accounts in Australian superannuation" ... "with over 30 per cent of total superannuation assets." Sure, Robbo me old boy they are the biggest (should read "most common") segment of the Aust superannuation industry, comprising 99% of all super funds, BUT THAT'S COZ THERE ARE SO MANY OF THEM............... you goose.

http://www.supersystemreview.gov.au/content/downloads/final_report/part_two/Part_2_Chapter_8.pdf

The real threat to the Australian economy and the future of both retirees and workers for the next 50 years are the large public superannuation funds that swallow investor capital, and Governments that make policy decisions on-the-run in an attempt to curry favour with an ignorant or increasingly disenfranchised electorate.

Vamos is a stooge of the APRA funds. If I was in her position I would be very worried about the attractiveness of SMSFs because SMSFs give members a greater control over the choice of their own future, so therefore members are more than likely to invest wisely or at the very least understand the risks involved. And they're a little more removed from gov intervention.

For Vamos' information, SMSFs are regulated!!!!! The reason why SMSFs are only regulated by the ATO is because APRA funds use other people's money to make money. It's not rocket science to work out that if you're playing with other people's money there should be greater regulations. And the regulations don't protect the investor anyway, that's why they pay insurance - just ask any one affected by the Trio Capital collapse. If you are in an APRA fund you are paying to protect yours and other people's money.

It's a bit rich for SMSF members to have Bill Shorten on the one hand bang on that if SMSF members are cranky about not having Gov't protection for shit advice they should join an APRA fund and then have Vamos say that regulations need to be introduced restricting the amount of capital required to establish an SMSF and also what SMSFs can invest in.

Vamoose Vamos.

Sorry OT - end of rant. God, that feels better :) YOU READIN THIS SHORTEN?

Anyway, I'm sure hazy would have worked out what i.d. is required by now anyway seeing as the thread is 2 weeks old.

6. kram

kram New Member

^ Amazing :lol:

7. HeavyMetal

HeavyMetal New Member

Get at least 5 copies of both your driver's licence and your passport for each trustee, and make sure that they are dated.

You will need extra copies for rolling over any existing super into your SMSF, as well as setting up accounts with bullion dealers if you spend over $5k or if you need to have your bullion posted.

You existing super fund will put up as many roadblocks as possible to make it difficult to rollover your money. Read their fine print about certified ID requirements. Some require that the certified ID must be dated, with the date no older than 30 days.

Of course, this is not intended to annoy you, just "protect" you!

8. hazy

hazy Active Member

I rang up AMP and they told me that I just had to fax the rollover form, certified ID and also certified compliance statement. That last has the ANZ bank details on it as well and the AMP agent said they could bank deposit the funds. No need to wait for a cheque.
    Also he said they used to require the whole trust deed but recently changed their policy.