Dogecoin

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by ParanoidAndroid, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Then buy reddcoin and see where it gets you. you seem to like it then then buy some, easy enough if you dont agree with with their opinions.

the crypto guys Like coins like sushiswap pancake swap and a bunch of others like that way over Reddcoin, reddcoin has been around for along time and nothing has become of it. where as sushiswap and pancakeswap have uses now in the crypto world. im not a crypto trader and even I know that stuff, so best to research and keep your self up todate with modern coins not old dinosaur tipping coins like reddcoin and doge. but again buy what ever your like, after all you can make money speculating on crap coins, so crap coins can still make money, just dont expect for them to have any uses besides being used to gamble on.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    mmm....shiney! likes this.
  2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

It'd be a misuse of privileges for a moderator to censor someone for consistently spamming shitcoins wouldn't it? :p

adze67 and heartastack like this.
  3. hawkeye1

hawkeye1 Active Member

DogeCoin is extremely high risk but obviously there are extremely high potential rewards.

I still think Buy and Hold is a foolish strategy when it comes to Doge.

It's a trade not an investment.

heartastack likes this.
  4. hawkeye1

hawkeye1 Active Member

One thing this whole DogeCoin thing has helped with, I think, is that if this pointless coin, with no use case or value, has such a high price, what does that say to people about the rest of the altcoin space? Obviously it says that price is telling you nothing about whether any of these other coins have value or not.

If Doge ends up illuminating things, so it becomes more obvious that these coins have no value, then it will be a good thing.

Maybe that was Musk's intention all along. Invest in BTC, use Doge as a way to show that BTC is really the only coin that actually has any real value. 4D chess if you will.

Or maybe he really is just having a laugh...

heartastack likes this.
  5. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

robinhood and gemini adding doge trading, musk about to appear on snl hes bound to pump it. not a stupid trade to long it now, but it will be dumped at some point and i will be ready to short those crypto noob tears.

6. hawkeye1

hawkeye1 Active Member

It's already gone up a lot in the last few days. SNL already been priced in maybe?

7. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

it spikes as soon as he mentions it in tweets, id expect it to pump as it airs but there is no logic to this market.

hawkeye1 likes this.
  8. lurking

lurking Member

crypto markets reenacting early 2018

when various dead coins are the hardest pumping then maybe time to exercise caution.

9. hawkeye1

hawkeye1 Active Member

lol, Musk came out with a tweet today saying how people should be careful when investing in cryptocurrency.

I think someone has a date with the SEC to look forward to in the near future...

10. lurking

lurking Member

Musk is spruking doge The SEC can't touch doge (its a fork of bitcoin twice removed)

Any one mining doge here? Seems you're the real winner.

11. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

What the Doge phenomenon proves is that people are sheeple and that the entire crypto madness is based on pyramidal tulip-mania.
    Even if some coins have real use, it's the pyramidal madness that drives it up and down.

It's enough to look at the charts. Almost all of these coins have 2-3 bubbles. Some are in their second bubble.

66rounds and madaw1 like this.
  12. TreasureHunter

A short while ago I was getting enthusiastic about Reddcoin, but after studying it a little, I've found the following and my enthusiasm has dwindled:
    - it was the most expensive in 2018, since then it didn't get close to its peak price (only now it is somewhere around 1/3 of its peak price in 2018)
    - the number of RDD transactions per day is very low (even when compared to Doge) and it kept going down over the years
    - the number of RDD transactions per day is currently around 1,700-1,800, while Doge is t 68,000-69,000 and Ethereum at 1,600,000, Bitcoin at 295,000
    - avg transactions per day with RDD: only 74!
    - even though Twitter and Reddit have adopted Reddcoin for "tipping", it still seems to behave like a "dead coin"

So, I'm not so sure it has real potential.

13. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Doge has definitely taken allot of cred away from the Crypto world. it exposes much of Cryptos weakness for manipulation and can be done easily with a simple tweet by one guy.

14. lurking

lurking Member

Some are in 5th bubble. When does it stop being a bubble?

With doge maybe there's more going on. It's excellent for things like amateur mining, trading alt coins and generally medium of exchange.

I kind of look at it differently. Doge is making other crypto look comparitively cheap especially litecoin which is basically doge v2.0. History of crypto is all that money in doge ultimately finds its way back to btc and eth anyway.

hawkeye1 likes this.
  15. hawkeye1

hawkeye1 Active Member

It's more akin to the dotcom days than tulip-mania. Honestly can't remember the reason behind the tulip-mania, but I don't think it was about new technology.

In the 90's nobody knew what the internet was going to look like. Few had the foresight to see what it is today. Because of that, people speculated. And the speculation drove more speculation. You don't see that level of speculation in dotcom companies today because it is a mature market. We mostly know what has value when it comes to dotcom companies.

Few really know what the Bitcoin market will look like when it has matured. People will be saying 20 years from now they can't believe what was happening around the early 2020's with DogeCoin and stuff. They will look back at those of us who lived through this and ask if we were crazy. Hindsight is 20/20. Many people just see all this wild speculation and want to be part of it for obvious reasons. Speculation drives more speculation. Like dotcom, there is a core of truth. And, I think, like dotcom, it will mature, people will become aware of where most of the value is, and the speculation will die down.

Oh, and I said Bitcoin market, not crypto market, because it's going to be nearly all BTC.

16. mmm....shiney!

As a % of total market cap? Probably.

As a % of total value settled each day? Not likely. There’ll be dozens of other projects that will swamp BTC in that regard.

The Ethereum network now settles twice as much daily as BTC.

17. lurking

lurking Member

Catholics resisting this new tech called a futures market.

Probably right. Bitcoin. Maybe Ethereum but it might be too vulnerable to other enterprise alternatives because of a centralized weak link called Consensus. Nothing much really innovative at the moment but entirely possible an original idea comes out of the blue. Certainly isn't the "hustle" called doge.

18. lurking

lurking Member

Velocity isn't correlated with value.

19. mmm....shiney!

No, but it demonstrates utility. @hawkeye1’s argument that it will really only be BTC is already struggling.

20. TreasureHunter

No just a simple tweet, because mainstream media has picked it up + social media. And I believe that the latter has had a tremendous impact in Asia, where the shiba inu dog is very popular.