Do you participate in ICO's?

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by Teh silvers, Dec 12, 2017.

Tags:
?

Do you participate in ICO's?

1. 1

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. 2-5

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. 6-10

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. 11-20

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. More than 20

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. None crypto's only

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Teh silvers

Teh silvers Member

Do you participate in ICO'S?

If so how many so far?

I have a feeling that in mid to late 2018 a large number of 2017 ICO will start rolling out thier services.

I can't see many downsides if you can wait a few months to get your crypto from participating. Just pick carefully based on the team they have and product.

2. Brendio

Brendio Active Member

I have in the past, but I see it as a very crowded space right now full of scams and lofty valuations. I don't like relying on greater fool theory, so I am happy to sit out a lot of them and just hold what I have or buy post-launch based on prospects of the product. When I started getting ads all over Facebook for ICOs (e.g. Dentacoin - seriously? A crypto for dentists?!?), I saw that as writing on the wall.

Silverling likes this.
  3. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Too many of them now to sort the wheat from the chaff really, plus some/fair bit of lost opportunity as well.
    I stopped doing it one day when I figured out I had over 10 k sitting in ICO's and that most of them didn't even have a wallet yet, and that the same dosh
    put into just the top five list would of made a much greater return.
    If I come across something that is interesting, instead of "investing" (cough, cough) in the ICO, I follow it , check out the reddit comments, update releases etc etc and then see what happens when it hit's exchanges, nearly all of them fly for the first two or three hours/day's etc then plummet as the whales take their profits.

If I still like the crypto by that stage then that's where I will buy, In the meantime the same cash that I would of spent and had locked away for X amount of months has turned a nice profit in LTC, BTC, ETH, PPT, etc etc.

That's just me though, plenty of people have made some serious money with ICO's, but you really need to do your homework with them now as every man, woman and their dog's and cat's are coming out with new crap every day it would seem.

4. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

give me your tips, always after the next ethereum https://icostats.com/

regulators will be stepping in next year, most ico's trade below issue price just after release so many not worth it or just another shitcoin.

5. Teh silvers

Teh silvers Member

I view it like gambling. Don't do it unless you can afford to lose it all. Lol.

That's just for ICO's.

6. hyphenated

hyphenated Active Member

There are at least two major issues with ICOs at present:

The light-speed takeups of offerings a few months back (driven by consolidated contracts) has meant that several have been sold out in seconds. Nice for the token team and underwriters; encourages a sense of panic in investors not dissimilar to Asian IPOs at the top of the market in the naughties. Get the herd running and predators will move in. The hype/scam/fact ratios are increasing.

An ICO locks up your digital capital at a time that just leaving it in a cold wallet has seen people triple their capital.

I'm taking cash off the table every time there is another run-up.

southerncross likes this.