Do you have a plan before the stock market crash?

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by Aurora et luna, Feb 20, 2020.

1. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

I'm pretty sure when it comes to how average families manage their financial affairs you're playing on a different field to most of us.

Let's not forget it's not the fault of consumers that this financial mess has erupted. Yes we all have a lot to learn as far as how the economy is run and how to best grow wealth and we all squander our $$ at times and sure ignorance of how the modern monetary system and responsible budgeting is largely to blame, but we can only play the ball that has been bowled and successive governments are only intent upon playing to the electorate's weaknesses in order to retain power.

The government and its monetary arm don't need to rise rates, all they need to do is spend, everything else is just noise at the periphery.

markcoinoz and Real $ like this.
  2. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

How about rentals? What's the net yield for rental properties? If the yield is low, like over here, a million $ apartment only gets $2k gross rent, even a 1% rise will make the investment untenable.

3. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

"Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered"

4. Holdfast

Thinking aloud. ;):eek:
    The constant talk of rate hikes has been done over and over again; some say this time is different and the Federal Reserve will increase rates and taper.
    Of course, everyone knows the Fed has a trading desk and a big printing press; most folk agree the stock-market has been artificially bolstered so that it goes from strength to strength.
    Plenty of folk have borrowed money to buy stocks and Bitcoin or other popular cryptos.

Food for thought.
    It's been said, if the Fed hikes interest rates, the stock-market will crash as will bitcoin. (Bitcoin has dropped from Black Monday 20 October 2021 to it's current level, nearly 25000USD drop).

The Fed will never let block chain take control unless they own it; they have the printing press and trading desk to not only control Bitcoin prices, they have the capacity to own a good majority.
    Just 21 million coins available, of which, a percentage (whatever that would need to be) could be owned by the Fed to take total control, just as they do with the stock-market.

"If" the Fed has a plan to crash the market, I'm wondering if they are thinking about taking control of Bitcoin and in-doing so, scare the hell out of other folk holding popular cryptos.

Once the Fed has control of Bitcoin, they are in the driving seat again.

So, just thoughts guys, don't go smashing me please.;):eek::D

Real $ and sgbuyer like this.
  5. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Wouldn't the market just fork and/or change the protocol any time the fed tried to do something dodgy? They'd get smoked.
    Also, each bitcoin is divisible by one-hundred-million. You could almost say for academic purposes that there are 21 million times 100 million 'units' (classically nominated as 'Satoshi's/'Sats' etc). At this point the fed could buy every single remaining coin and it would do jack-shit to its functionality at whatever price it gets to.

What am I missing?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  6. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

@Pirocco mentioned that central banks will need to destroy 'savings' in order to print more money, which makes sense. Going by this logic, it's possible that they are also targeting cryptos. But I doubt they are just targeting crypto per se.

Holdfast likes this.
  7. Holdfast

Bitcoin going below $13,000 USD - Up down, up down and support at the old support lines.
    Could even re-trace to $3500 USD. Yep, that's $3500.
    Keep stacking silver.

ozcopper and heartastack like this.
  8. heartastack

If not an insider or pro trader I can only imagine having rocks in my head to want to park cash in btc or crypto right now. Excess liquidity for portfolio diversification, sure.. but it’s astounding how many mainstream advertising is still directed at crypto must still be plenty of suckers out there. Not even a hated asset yet which says a lot about where the eventual floor will be (hint: much lower). The bot trading holding the prices steady is hardcore at all extremes

jultorsk likes this.
  9. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

wheel out the crypto haters, even to stock market crash threads. how is the asx and sp500 doing btw?

10. heartastack

Not sure how much you pay attention but I'm a crypto advocate. I'm also a Marijuana advocate but that doesn't mean I hit bongs from 7am (8-9 is better so you don't overeat brekkie). Needs to be some kind of risk assessment in life.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  11. dozerz

wake and bake bro if you taking your own advice. forced liquidations are alot different to bot trades, both of which are transparent.

maybe make a thread about what you think the crypto price will do and we can keep this one for anyone who made the right call on the stock market tanking, or is the bottom in for stonks?

heartastack likes this.
  12. heartastack

Sure thing, boss

13. dozerz

leo25, markcoinoz and mmm....shiney! like this.
  14. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Bear rally, market is living in fairy land. Earnings reports may tame the enthusiasm and there's also Fed rate hikes in Nov and Dec which seem to have been forgotten about.

I heard an apt comment the other day about Buffet's fearful and greedy quote, the commentator was saying he didn't think there was fear in the market yet. It was in relation to the Australian RE market and was made in about 2017 but equally applicable today to stocks. We have to wait for the fear.

leo25 likes this.
  15. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's times like this I'm reminded of the key premise to stacking.
    It's to preserve wealth
    But wheel out charts/graphs etc with selectively picked data. Fact is 1oz of gold has always been valued and traded.
    Never forget, which would you rather have held 1 of these notes or the equivalent in silver coins (3333) which is 1600 oz of asw
    images.jpeg-173.jpg image-edit-20221005112846.jpg