Diamonds

Discussion in 'Other Investments' started by sfstacker, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Phil_Stacker

Phil_Stacker New Member

Diamond may be hard, but not dense, and it's density that is important with radiation (hence lead vests - not "ceramic" vests).

Their science is fundamentally flawed on so many levels it isn't funny. Thinking that heating graphite will release just carbon 14 and not carbon 13 is silly. Thinking that carbon 14 can produce usable volumes of electricity is crazy (like a radiation inducing "battery" on a Mars over). What is the electrical antenna? Or do they hook the diamond up to a mini steam engine (which is how a normal nuclear reactor works).

Diamonds aren't made easily, and only form a correct 3 dimensional lattice because they are carbon 13 and pull hydrogen electrons from each other at just the right strength to from a giant molecule (a pure diamond is, there fore a pure molecule). Carbon 14, which is 1/14 heavier (due to an extra neutron), but unstable (meaning the inner nucleus bulges) means a different electron probability field (same number of required electrons but their cloud formation is different. Given a mixture of 13 and 14 I doubt a diamond would be easy to form (like slightly different sized leggo blocks.

This stinks of either someone pulling a prank or trying to scam someone.

2. shinymetal

shinymetal Well-Known Member

I was hoping that it wasn't a troll while thinking that it probably was. it would be awesome if some how it's true. wait for proof i suppose. might be a long wait :p

3. sfstacker

sfstacker New Member

Wait for proof? I just explained to you how a rock can be used as a battery with my rant about quartz crystal. Quartz crystal can "store" energy because of how its formed. Diamonds don't have the same structure as quartz. You NEED that structure quartz has in order to have the electrical properties of a battery. So just dismiss anything that has to do with diamonds being claimed to be useful as batteries.

[​IMG]
    Source:

4. billybob888

billybob888 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

5. Phil_Stacker

Phil_Stacker New Member

I disagree on one point. Energy = mass * (speed of light * speed of light).

Therefore, carbon, like all matter, IS a state of energy. The energy in the flake of diamond on my gem eye dragon coin has enough energy to power the world for years (I didn't bother doing the calcs but given a hydrogen bomb that creates helium (fusion) releases less than 0.01% of energy, and a that's the sun... chances are a chemical 13-14 times larger would have a net total off enough to blow up the planet.

This is easily done too - simply create anti-matter carbon, combine it with matter carbon and bang - no one is your uncle.

Okay... creating anti-matter isn't simple....

6. billybob888

billybob888 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

7. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Understatement of the month; just wait until humans learn what is required to *contain* exotic matter.