Debt Levy

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by dagsgarrett, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

that is 5 more tahn the libs have managed to connect so far,

we are now years behind now the libs have taken a wrecking ball to the original plans

Despite what you think

Construction had started and was in progress in many parts around the country, with thousands of people connected.

now it all hangs in limbo with the libs crap all over this once great project.

2. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

re #114,

Pickering gives a passing mention,

"The CSIRO will be downsized and reformed. This huge self-regulated behemoth has been slowly infiltrated by Green activists and global warmists. It's good work of 40 years ago has been lost to political motives. It has internally bred to cover all States with 7,000 employees."

Said it better than me.

OC

3. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Enjoy your delusions. I don't share them. Neither did the majority of Australian voters.

4. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

and not cuts to lies :)

5. Shaddam IV

I always wondered why Abbott, Rudd and Gillard wanted to be the next PM. They would have all known that whoever won would become universally disliked. I was hoping that Labor would have won so that they had to live in their own soiled nappy and suffer the consequences of their betrayal of the nation. The furthered the betrayal when it became clear that they were going to be killed at the polls by setting massive un-funded booby traps for the next government purely out of spite. Rudd and Gillard should be in jail for what they did.

At any rate Labor destroyed the economy, Abbott is afraid to do what is necessary to save it, and probably wouldn't know how to go about it anyway and if he did the electorate may or may not be mature enough to accept it.

So. Instead of arguing about it perhaps the best use for this thread would be to figure out what we can do to look after ourselves and our love ones and our community in the face of such poor governance with no sign of improvement.

6. Ghost Story

it all started way back with Whitlam and how easy it was to sack a PM who was trying to achieve social justice, before him kids were stolen from their mothers, and then left to find a job in a mans world, equal education for the middle class and lower class, not just the rich, maybe what he did helped build some of the life styles people on here are so keen to hold on to by turning it all around and blaming those things on a labor government. stand back and look at the big picture before waving a big stick.

its a balancing act between the haves and the have nots so its time for a one syllable government in Australia we will survive it and then go on to better equality for all.

all I hope is labor regroups and goes back to what it means to be a labor party and not just do what they think the people want i.e Gillard.

7. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Very interesting front page to the Melbourne Herald Sun today railing against the so-called 'Debt' levy and quoting 'senior' liberals that it was an election loser and giving Labor a 'carbon tax' to bash the Libs with.

For non-Melbourne dwellers, the Herald Sun has always been the 'right wing' paper in the city - usually referred to as 'The Hun' because of its austere viewpoints.

The paper also quotes 'Coalition would lose' figures based upon the 'expected' budget and pensioner diddle etc. No doubt the Libs are all panicking and phoning everyone on their speed dials to backtrack and shore up the political barricades. As the EU Politician said ' we know what to do but we don't know how to get elected afterwards '.

Meanwhile in amongst the "100k p.a. is not rich" articles there were quotes such as 'will cost the average family $20k per annum (scapping middle class welfare) etc.

About Page 9 or so there was an article about proposed changes to taxpayers paying for travel expenses etc for pollies. Quoting office rental costs for the likes of Hawke and Howard, the golden gravy train of travel entitlements and so on.

There are proposals to limit these entitlements to 3 years (one term of parliament) and to cap benefits.

Interesting times.

8. Shaddam IV

What a mess.

9. lurk@l0t

[email protected] Active Member

I didn't realise that a prime minister was meant to be akin to a CEO of a multi-billion dollar company. But that does fit in though with the modern western government which is nothing more than a massive corporation with unique powers to confiscate property and force people to use their services and nobody else's ;)

In the olden days a prime minister was meant to be just that - the elected leader of the country, and NOT a ceo (which is all he seems to be today)

10. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You are probably right.... in the olden days.
    But that was before the entitlement mentality of the workforce (aka population) kicked in, and the company share price (aka vote tally) depended on what benefits, bonuses and conditions the boss was willing to offer, and how much each employee (aka voter) was receiving relative to the next guy.
    It was also before the focus was on whether the country (aka company) could stay solvent or not, and it's ability to service debt.

11. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

@wrcmad, we pay our politicians peanuts and we get monkeys. We pay them more and we just get bigger monkeys. :/

12. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Maybe it should be an unpaid position so that people who are interest in the public good would put themselves up? Probably still wouldn't work.

13. Nugget

Nugget New Member Silver Stacker

Hell yeah

Public SERVANT

Public SERVICE not SELF Service

14. millededge

millededge Active Member

I think this country is screwed, due to idiots like you and it is only a matter of time now before the Chinese invade. Not an if but a when. The Russians and Chinese swallowed the bait in the 20th century, over a hundred million of their own dead later and untold loss of their cultural capital, they are now recovering, now with an eye for expansion, wizened for the experience and easily capable of inflicting the same misery on us. We will soon be in the firing line and I'm not paying or staying for PEOPLE LIKE YOU when it comes down the pipe in 15-20 years. I'm out.

15. Nugget

I sincerely hope that you're joking

I'm happy to be wrong here. VERY happy to be wrong.

But here we go

Soviet Union collapses. The idea that the masses can own and control the state collapses with it.

Hurray! We won.

Only the quality of life in the West starts to decline. All of a sudden the bosses no longer have to reward the workers in the West with a decent quality of life for supporting the Capitalist system. Before the collapse of the USSR there was an alternative where the bosses potentially lost everything. Afterwards there wasn't.

Without Googling can you tell me how Iceland is doing? You know, in '08 they were going to be reamed for gaoling the bankers and refusing to pay the bankers debts. Now? Well now they're upset that their unemployment rate is as high as 4%. Yes, 4% is unacceptable. They're aiming for 2%

16. fiatphoney

fiatphoney New Member

We should vote for our own judiciary. People should vote for judges every two years. This is key for 'we the people' against a corporation state.

Judges should then determine a politicians fitness for a second office. The first in parliament, the second in jail.

17. Nugget

If I may be so bold could I recommend the book "Vote For Caesar" ? Fascinating read

Also, as a Justice of the Peace I'm aware of the history of the position I hold. I think we should return to that ideal.

FWIW I'm an ardent supporter of our Emergency Services. Push comes to shove I'll side with the Police. That being said, EVERY SINGLE TIME the Police asked me to sign a search warrant I made 100% sure that it was legit

18. millededge

millededge Active Member

I'm not sure about that, given the state of the judiciary, but we, as in capital we, should have an element of direct democracy which votes out the minority with their own interest at heart, moreover if at our expense. Switzerland has it, so why can't we?

19. Ghost Story

Asia is already at war with the west and its not like war we have known in the past its a new war, and its all about money look at all our businesses that have gone,
    Holden, Ford, cereal companies add to the list, our iron ore going to china then we buy their steel, so no need to wait years its happening right under our noses.

blame new taxes and gov's for not having the balls to stand up to companies who go off shore and then bring the junk back here and sell at the same price or more as better made Aussie products. This is the new war, and we are losing !!

same as the US so the west will soon become the east and like all empires they fall and we are watching it happen with our very eyes.

Dick Smith gave us ample warning and we didn't listen and he was just one that we all know.

so my advice start running NOW.

20. Nugget

My friend. I say that sincerely as I like to work from the premise people will do the right thing. But that's a fantasy. As much as I wish it wasnt'