Death, a sure thing.

Discussion in 'Other Investments' started by southerncross, Mar 7, 2013.

1. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Bit late to the party now though. Repellent sorts of businesses. The stock market is all about animal spirits and life affirmation - the future is endless.

Anyway, 62% over-priced if you believe Skaffold, only worth 4.14 on FY13 forecasts

Business description:

"Provides funeral, cemetery and crematoria services in Australia. The Company owns 12 cemeteries and crematoria in New South Wales and Queensland. It offers various funeral services, such as transfer of the deceased to the funeral home; personal consultation with the family in planning the arrangements and details of the service; responsibility for various details involved in arranging the service; liaising with the cemetery or crematorium of choice; registration of the death; and consultation with the clergy or celebrant." Yuck

[​IMG]

3. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My research on the cemetary real estate issues indicates a grave undersupply, and that the market has gone underground.

Tried to apply for a crematorium license, but at the moment thats all up in the air.

I would offer a ocean scattering option as well, but thats all at sea too.

*Bah-dom-tush*

4. XB

XB Active Member Silver Stacker

Actually had this discussion the other night chatting to a few stackers over a meal. In my mind 3 businesses are currently top of mind, funerals, aged care and child care.